Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Holy San Cristobal !!!!
wingo Wrote:
jeht2000 Wrote:Im in the minority. I've never had a good one, even from different batches.
Ditto. 
Double ditto.  I ordered one from Robbie so that will change soon [thumbsup]
Was it the La Punta?
We are talking about the Ashtons San Cristobal Joe. Those others are not from around here.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

tafdom Wrote:We are talking about the Ashtons San Cristobal Joe. Those others are not from around here.

That's what I figured!
Yes, they sure are a great stick!
ive got one from 12/07 that im going to try soon i hope!
I've been smoking these more frequently lately.  With so many new things I had gotten away from them for a while, whereas they used to be a staple for me.  Now I am smoking them fairly often again I am really enjoy them.  I haven't had any quality issues lately and I love the flavor.  I'm definitely going to keep smoking them if they remain the same.  I nornally like coronas and robustos, but in this line I generally go for the Supremo (toro).  I just really like that size for some reason and always keep a couple boxes of Supremos set aside for myself. 
[Image: CRA_ambassador_seal-smaller.jpg]
Join CRA Today! Click Above!
[Image: RobbieofCordova-2.gif]
I love these things!!!  I was thinking I might hit up my local shop today and smoke one.... Maybe.
Scott
Buy From Eric at www.tbs-cigars.com
Bearded Dad Blog:
http://beardeddad.wordpress.com

jeht2000 Wrote:Im in the minority. I've never had a good one, even from different batches.

I'm thinking maybe you don't like the dark earthy undertones of the smoke do to the dark wrapper perhaps?
Robbie Wrote:I've been smoking these more frequently lately.  With so many new things I had gotten away from them for a while, whereas they used to be a staple for me.  Now I am smoking them fairly often again I am really enjoy them.  I haven't had any quality issues lately and I love the flavor.  I'm definitely going to keep smoking them if they remain the same.  I nornally like coronas and robustos, but in this line I generally go for the Supremo (toro).  I just really like that size for some reason and always keep a couple boxes of Supremos set aside for myself. 

And normally I like larger ring sizes but in this one I love the smaller ring.