Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buying a home. Any words of wisdom?
I'm looking at buying a house too, and I agree with Skipper about not getting points if you plan on moving anytime within the term of the mortgage.  There's a million calculators online that factor in the rate, points, your monthly payment, debt to income ratio, down payments, etc. and allow you to adjust each one individually to see the variance in the other variables.  I suggest taking a look at these just to give you ballpark ideas of what factors lead to what outcomes.  They've been pretty helpful to me.  Good luck G.
Daamn nice looking place! Congratulations Smokeyone. Enjoy! Be sure to open up an account at the local hardward/Home Depot/Lowes, you'll be a regular there. Every homeowner is!
anybody want to help me get the jackass out of my house?????????  [curse]
SmokyOneKenobi Wrote:anybody want to help me get the jackass out of my house?????????  [curse]
Are you serious?  They still haven't budged?
Pete Wrote:
SmokyOneKenobi Wrote:anybody want to help me get the jackass out of my house?????????  [curse]
Are you serious?  They still haven't budged?
[wtf]  They didn't leave??!!
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
The a-holes didn't start moving until AFTER we closed on Friday.  They are mostly out, but we were supposed to get keys this am at the latest... my lawyer is holding the funds until they completely vacate.  That is about the only thing I can do at this point.  I can file a complaint with the sheriff department, but they will not respond for 30 days................

[curse][curse][curse][curse][curse][curse][curse][curse][curse][curse]
Now you have to worry about the damage they may do to the house. Damm.Sad
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Tonto The Long Island Sidekick Wrote:Now you have to worry about the damage they may do to the house. Damm.Sad
no funds will be released until I do a final walk-through after they have all their shit out
SmokyOneKenobi Wrote:The a-holes didn't start moving until AFTER we closed on Friday.  They are mostly out, but we were supposed to get keys this am at the latest... my lawyer is holding the funds until they completely vacate.  That is about the only thing I can do at this point.  I can file a complaint with the sheriff department, but they will not respond for 30 days................

[curse][curse][curse][curse][curse][curse][curse][curse][curse][curse]

Same thing happened to me, but I found out 1 day before closing that they were going to wait until closing to move.

I said that it was fine if they were going to pay rent plus storage fees....Otherwise, I'm not paying for someone else to live there. We ended up closing 1 week late, still not that bad.

Good luck.

~ 2010- The year I was "showered" with gifts from my SC Brothers.

Gratitude is when memories are stored in the heart, and not in the mind. Our hearts will not forget.
I love owning a house, but beware, you need to be prepared to fix anything that breaks.. I've become real good at fixing stuff!
Scott
Buy From Eric at www.tbs-cigars.com
Bearded Dad Blog:
http://beardeddad.wordpress.com