Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tatuaje
However, the batch of White Label Tats I have are awesome in the car. I smoked one last Saturday while cruising around town. Smoking it in that confined space of still air... it felt more medium/full than it would in a room with moving air. The aroma was to die for, and I had plenty of satisfying, nose-tingling smoke to enjoy.

I find those White Label Tatuajes to be an excellent coffee cigar for a relaxed morning smoke. And like I said, it was an amazing car cigar. Price is right on those, too. I definitely recommend a box, if you're acquiring them for the right reasons.
No Reserve, No Retreat, No Regrets!!!
B-Dub Cigar Ambassador Wrote:Price is right on those, too. I definitely recommend a box, if you're acquiring them for the right reasons.

I agree.

I love these cigars, especially the P1's, great everyday cigar.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
leafandale Wrote:Scott, I'm with you. The new Cojonu '09 is friggin sweet. It's a tad longer than I prefer, but it is outstanding.

Someone made the comment that they had only had the White label (P series) and was underwhelmed. I am not sure anyone has mentioned it here, but the White label is a budget, mixed filler cigar. It is certainly not the one Tatuaje on which to form an opinion of the entire brand.

Also try the Cabaiguan Maduros. Very tasty.

The cabiguan maduro is one I haven't had... I loved the one 09 cojonu I have had!  The P series is definetly a decent smoke, IMHO, but not one to judge all your tatuaje perceptions on.
Scott
Buy From Eric at www.tbs-cigars.com
Bearded Dad Blog:
http://beardeddad.wordpress.com

not a lot more can be said here, other than I agree with the general sentiment.

The brown labels are my favorite. I purchased a box of Noellas 12/8/2006 and have been pecking away at it ever since. They've mellowed a bit, hit a period where they were an EASY high 90's score, and now are a little sickly. But I have patience, and there's only 5 or so left.

I smoked a J21 for the 1st time yesterday in fact, and boy was it good. How have I not tried these before.

The Tatuaje Petite, an unbanded but categorized in the brown label family, are FANTASTIC little shorty smokes. They come in cabs of 50 and are perfect for lunch breaks, running errands, or cold weather. One of the highest value cigars I own based on the fact that these guys never let me down when they're called to duty.

The white labels are ok, just ok IMO, but there are situations where they fit perfectly, as mentioned above.

The red labels I don't care for at all. They carry a different spice that doesn't work well with my tastebuds. But my tasebuds are weird. Tongue

I can't say enough about the Cabaiguan Guapos (the regular Cabaiguan line and the Guapo maduros are a pass IMO though) or the La Riqueza. Also very good stuff.

In short - for me they are very worth it. I'd rather pay $7 for a Tat than $4 for a Perdomo or something else like that.
I agree with JoeBob.  When I smoke a cigar, I want to enjoy it, even if it does cost more than the average smoke, which may be why those cigars are 'average.'  You get what you pay for and the brown label delivers.

The J21 and the noellas, (which I had yesterday, pictured) are among my all-time favorites.

While I may not agree with Pete Johnson's pricing policies, the man makes a great cigar.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)