Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone else........sick?
Parkster Wrote:Where do I start?

Asthmatic steroids have put 28 pounds of weight on me in the past 7 months
I'm depressed about the weight.
I have nervous exhaustion from working too much (home and Africa)
I am paying for my youth in all of my bones, with austio arthritus wherever I have suffered breaks.
I have a vitrious detatchment in my left eye
Carpel tunnel syndrome in my right wrist
and am sick with antibiotics for treating my returning problem with my immune system through my lymph glands and for the plasmodic virus I am currently fighting that I picked up in my travels.

I cant wait for the day when I feel half human again.

Ummm....Guess my sniffles seem pretty...well....ummmm..petty..

Hope you get your self straight....Keep on keepin' on.
~ 2010- The year I was "showered" with gifts from my SC Brothers.

Gratitude is when memories are stored in the heart, and not in the mind. Our hearts will not forget.
Im getting sick and Im pissed!!! Im so weak and got a 101.7 temp! (my girl made me tske my temp)
I've also been sick... I got an outer ear infection after a round of drunk water polo after a big exam last week, then pharyngitis, which progressed to a sinus infection, and now that those are gone it getting me at the back door on the way out.  I hope you all feel better!
Smokin Nic Wrote:Im getting sick and Im pissed!!! Im so weak and got a 101.7 temp! (my girl made me tske my temp)
Funny story about temperatures... I went to the ER after getting my tonsils out for recurrent thrush from the steroids/antibiotics with a 104 fever... I get there and it's the 6th time I've been to the ER that week with a fever and throwing up blood with them telling me its dehydration, the nurse interviewing me goes... "now you said you had a fever of 104, did you take that orally or rectally?"  My immediate response was... WTF DO YOU THINK?!?!?! Needless to say I was assigned a new nurse. Lol
Smokin Nic Wrote:Im getting sick and Im pissed!!! Im so weak and got a 101.7 temp! (my girl made me tske my temp)
sounds like fun Big Grin
this winter has been HELL on me. my kid's first year in school, and he's bringing all these germs home with him, and it's killing me. literally. i never get sick. but from the kid's first day of school, i've been getting sick far too often. can't wait for the school year to be over.
I have managed to stay well for the most part this winter. But I was in bed for 2 days with a fever and head ache after we got home from mexico. Im sure it was jungle fever or some thing.....lol Any way hope you guys all get to feeling better.
I've been sick for two weeks and just got back to work the end of last week.  That's why I haven't been on the forum much.  I'm finally starting to feel normal again.  I think I caught something when I flew back from Miami.  I HATE flying commercial, but just can't afford private aviation [yet]
[Image: CRA_ambassador_seal-smaller.jpg]
Join CRA Today! Click Above!
[Image: RobbieofCordova-2.gif]
[user=897]Robbie[/user] wrote:
Quote:I've been sick for two weeks and just got back to work the end of last week.  That's why I haven't been on the forum much.  I'm finally starting to feel normal again.  I think I caught something when I flew back from Miami.  I HATE flying commercial, but just can't afford private aviation [yet]

I hear ya Robbie, everybody thinks jetlag is due to time zones.

Nope, it is everything to do with sitting in a pressurised tube with 300 other people and breathing recycled air.

I regularly have some bug or other to kick after flying.

:?
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
Sorry to hear about all this guys!   Supplement with Glutamine.  When you are sick your body depletes glutamine stores and uses it for energy.  Glutamine lines your gut flora and maintains gut integrity.  It also prevents bacterial translocation which can lead to sepsis and death for critically ill patients.

Finally, glutamine is the fuel source for the white blood cells that fight infections.  Take glutamine daily, 10grams or so, and you will find you are less ill.   If you work out a lot take 15-20 grams daily post workout and before bed!  Hope this helps?