Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Deal
Parkster was a purchasing agent of a company I once worked with.

He gave me a HUGE order to fill for a supply house.
Although I knew there was no reason for his choosing me for the order other than good business ethics I felt gratitude at being favored and sought a way to show it. I knew not to dare to offer Parkster any commission or a gift of money which I knew he would regard as an insult. But I knew his love for cigars so I bought a box of the finest Cohiba cigars for around $350 and offered them to Parkster with my compliments.
Parkster explain that it was against the policy of his company for its buyers to accept presents of any sort from those with whom he did business. He was sorry, he said, but he could not take the cigars as a present, even though he felt sure I had tendered them with the best of intentions and in absolute good faith.
So I came up with another idea and said: "Well, I hate to throw these cigars away. They are of no use to me - I smoke only Oliva cigars. I wonder if you would buy them from me? - there is no harm in that, I am sure."
"What would you be asking for them?" inquired Parkster
I answered: "I'll sell the whole box to you for a US dollar".
Parkster lifted one of the cigars from the top row, smelled it, rolled it in his fingers and eyed it closely.
"Very well," he said, "at that price I'll take four boxes.
Jonathan Charles Axisa, my beloved son, 11/7/1979 - 7/8/2010

Ғµ(Ķ Cancer
LOL, That Parkster is a wise man..  Big Grin
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
lol... A wise man indeed...
LOL!
Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.
LMAO
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Hahah nice
Lmao