Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whats your dream bottle of Single Malt.
Been searching for my birth year and The Glenrothes which is my favorite distillery made a 1978 bottled in 2008. The process was actually started on the day of my birth and wish I could obtain a bottle. They are limited and only released to the US this past month or so. Found one place that has it in stock for 500.00 but will be a bit of time before I can drop that kind of money on a bottle. Problem being they only have one bottle. I have not had much luck finding it for a reasonable price anywhere. Oh well. Looks like it might not be obtainable.
That sounds like a good deal to me ..... it usually sells for £400 to £450 in the UK, so with the exchange rate, $500 is a steal.

The link below is for GMc's centenery version if you want it even cheaper ....... but again, with the exchange rate and shipping which would be around £30,

http://www.whisky-online.com/glenrothes-...e=googleps

The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
Well if you want the link i can provide it as would be several months before i could get it. Would rather it went to a brother than a stranger.
My cupboard is full just now ..... and if I'm honest, I would have Mrs P giving me a hard time for buying another just to look at as opposed to actually drink.

I have a contact in the whisky industry (Diagio Scotland rep) who sorts me out with single barrel runs and "lost" cases from closed down distilleries, so I had better just stick with her for the time being, she and Mrs P are also friends, so its a 2 pronged attack when I find something for the collection from her contacts.

I already have the whisky for the top table of my daughters wedding ...... whenever that may be ..... suffice to say, I'm sure the whisky drinkers at that occasion will be very happy with the drams they get, as the chances of them getting to drink any more after that day will be close to none.

2 bottles from Rosebank which closed in 1993, both are original bottling (original labels also) and not the Diagio or GMc bottling that are still available in some places but becoming more rare as the years go by, and a Balvenie Rose, which was chosen because of the romantic story behind its creation, it was only available from actually turning up on the distillery door to purchase and I have been fortunate enough to have bought two of these as well.

Apart from that I have another few bottles that are sought after by collectors, which I will keep under my belt for the time being as the lack of availability will push the price up for when I come to sell them, having them advertised now means I will get a lot less than I know their worth is.

The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
Well if anyone else is interested. I also have a 5% off cupon.
Thats a good price folks .... even more so with the discount, for me it would end up costing what I could pick it up for in the UK by the time I added shipping and run the duty risk.

Thanks Tarheel.
http://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/

A site that is ALWAYS worth a look.

I can recommend them for anybody interested in malt.