Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sinus Infections and cigars?
SO I have a pretty bad sinus infection. My doc thinks I dont need to smoke during this time. It could be three weeks. It is no big deal going without if I need to, but I do like a cigar or 2 a week.
I hate to say it, but I agree with the doc. Get your health back, then Save the cigars for a time when you will truly enjoy them.
“Evil is sweet in the beginning, but bitter in the end.”
Agreed ari
Tarheel,

Get some http://www.neilmed.com/usa/sinusrinse.php and use it to rinse the sinuses, IT HELPS!!! Trust me on this!

Load up on Vit C, eat fresh mint, get out the juicer.
“Evil is sweet in the beginning, but bitter in the end.”
Doctor is probably right with not smoking. That can seriously piss off the infection and create more issues.
--Mike
Hope this clears up quick! I don't smoke when my allergies are acting up because it muddles up good cigars.

You'll come back to a nice and clean palate!
OK thanks guys. I will hold off.
The maing thing abuot a sinus infection in my case is that I can't taste anything, so smoking would be a waste anyway... and if you are on antibiotics, they can seriously screw up your taste buds...

Better to wait - the cigars will taste that much better after some time off.

Feel better!

Been there, it sucks. Best to wait because if you start smoking a cigar before you are 100% better then you will feel like crap again real quick and might need a 2nd Z-Pack to really get rid of it completely.
Not on a zpack. I am on 3 weeks of cefuroxime .1k mg a day. And nasal steroids. As well as steroid shot.