Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for a real creamy smoke.
So one of the things i have come to love is a creamy characteristic in my smokes. I am looking for a cigar with a lot of this characteristic and maybe some chocolate or coco also. Not looking for a flavored cigar.
Hmmm. Thinking here...

I am not sure how long you have been smoking cigars, or what you normally smoke, so please forgive me if this dosent hit the spot, but here goes....

What comes to mind right off are Macanudo Maduros (they are creamy smooth, not bitter), not a botique cigar, more commercial, but decent.

I ALSO hate "flavored" cigars, but I love the Drew Estate JAVA from time to time. I think the flavoring is just coffee bean oils, whatever they did in the blending they did pretty well. It is blended by Jonathan Drew & Rocky Patel for Drew Estate. I had a Cigar Store owner surprise me with these, I did not think I would like them.

Also The best of the three that come to mind, you may like the "Dominican" Bolivars, they have been a long time favorite of mine.
Today's blend is hand rolled in the Dominican Republic and is crafted in an effort to recapture the original Cuban blend, which in 1901 was smooth yet very robust. The result is relaxing, robust cigar that’s smooth with a slight sweetness on the aftertaste.

(full description at this link, I have not purchased from them, just from Cigars International & J&R Cigars) http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?brand=433

I think the Bolivar is most complex of the three (I love these), but it depends what you like, I would try all three of then form your own opinion. Please let me know what you think.

I am sure there are many more out there, but in my limited amount of knowledge that is all that comes to mind.
“Evil is sweet in the beginning, but bitter in the end.”
Thanks for the reply. I will try the Bolivar and a macanudo vintage
I think the Bolivar is the better of the two.

I have a new favorite as of a few hours ago, one of the best maduros I have "ever" had. In my book it is a 95

Joya De Nicaragua Antaño Dark Corojo

Talk about creamy smooooth! This is a real treat! It is light years above a lot of stuff out there.

http://www.joyadenicaragua.com.ni/?page_id=28

(08-23-2012, 12:29 AM)tarheel7734 Wrote: Thanks for the reply. I will try the Bolivar and a macanudo vintage

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

“Evil is sweet in the beginning, but bitter in the end.”
Ari, that is 1 of my favorite cigars. Is quite a full bodied cigar though
No Justice, No Peace!
Good cigar but not really sure I would call not "creamy"
--Mike
If you have access to Cubans I would suggest any of the Cuabas. Very creamy cigars.
Cubans pretty hard to come by as I am in the US.
For a light and creamy cigar, maybe try the Butera Royal Vintage or the Davidoff Thousand Series... The EPC New Wave Connecticut is also nice.

Guess i should have said i prefer full bodied cigars.