Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Son's & Dad PC Builds....updated 6/21/14
(01-06-2011, 08:19 AM)Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote: Jan, while taking some of these pictures make sure you get the kid in them. Years later they will be enjoyable for you and your family to see.

Good point! All the hands you see are his, a few I have his face in it, but I'll make it a point to get more full pics of him with it.
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
What a great thread. My boys and i do a lot o f projects and i do a terribe job of documenting like you have.

Ps- thats one smart kid. Sure, mzy be easier and maybe even less expensive buying off the shelf but where isnthenfun in that? I ca hear him in school now telling everyone that will listen about him building his own pc.
More great pictures Jan! Thanks for sharing!
--Mike
Ok...a little bit of a decision time now..

Should we start the wiring now and install the GPU after? Or install the GPU & then do the wiring?

Thoughts?
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
How cramped does it get with the GPU installed?
--Mike
(01-07-2011, 11:48 AM)wtfdic Wrote: How cramped does it get with the GPU installed?

The case is huge, so I don't think it will be cramped at all. I'm just thinking it might be easier to see all the labels on the motherboard without the GPU on it.
Yes it might be easier to see the labels. I say do all your Mobo relates stuff now then put the GPU in and go from there.
--Mike
(01-07-2011, 10:18 AM)Tonto Wrote: Ok...a little bit of a decision time now..

Should we start the wiring now and install the GPU after? Or install the GPU & then do the wiring?

Thoughts?
It's easier to do the wiring first...

You'll hate life if you install the GPU and then try to wire up the front LED's and switches.
I usually hate life wiring up the front buttons and LED's anyways!
--Mike
This is so cool. Best part is you and your son will always remember this project.