Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Son's & Dad PC Builds....updated 6/21/14
(01-04-2011, 04:11 PM)Tonto Wrote: We're planning to do some more tonight, but I'm using Skip's warning about the low humidity....I'm going to run a humidifier for a few hours before we even touch anything.

The other thing you can do is lick the tip of your finger (not dripping wet, just enough to be moist) and wipe it across the bottom-inside of the case (or any other UNPAINTED part). This also works well because the moisture will discharge into YOU and not other components (more often than not, you will not be shocked though).

As for running the humidifier... I dont know what the effect would be. In data center's we often shoot for sub 20% humidity. Though, as I said... I know nothing about the effects of humidity when it comes to electrostatic charges.
Ok...we just finished mounting the card reader, the DVD drive & the hard drive. The we just open the PSU box to take a look. More to follow as soon as I upload the pics.
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Heh heh he said he said heh eh eh eh heh heh heh Mounting the hard drive!

Way to go guys.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR1YvHvbLD4T3JfNi-mv9h...-6_IyS0rTy]

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Ok...here are the pictures of tonight's work. The case is very easy to work with.

The front of the tower with the bays open, getting ready to put in the DVD.
[Image: P1010001.jpg]

Here is the card reader....we figured for $10 we would add it. The case came with an adapter for the smaller size.
[Image: P1010002.jpg]

Here's my son sliding it into position. You just slide it in & click the button on the inside of the case. It does work like a charm, but I wish the opposite side was secured by something other than friction. When we open the other side of the case to do the wiring, we might just put a couple of screws in to tighten it up.
[Image: P1010003.jpg]

Here's where the hard drive goes....there is room for 5 or more! Big Grin
[Image: P1010004.jpg]

The tray just unsnaps & slides right out! Extremly easy! No screwing in the drive.
[Image: P1010005.jpg]

Here's the HD....Western Digital Caviar, Black Edition....500GB Tongue
[Image: P1010006.jpg]

The HD snaps right into the tray.
[Image: P1010007.jpg]

And then slides into the bay & locks into place with 1 snap.
[Image: P1010008.jpg]

That was all we had time for tonight...but here's a preview of the power supply.
[Image: P1010009.jpg]

It even comes in it's own little cloth bag.
[Image: P1010010.jpg]

The unit itself...all the connections are modular & store in another bag.
[Image: P1010011.jpg]

The specs...
[Image: P1010012.jpg]

Hopefully, if we have time, we'll mount the power supply tomorrow night.
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Excellent work so far.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
wow, nice case, only cases i buy leave my fingers bloody. love the ez install
No Justice, No Peace!
The snapins are sooo cool. Nice job guys

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Very cool Jan!
Great additional work and pics Jan, nicely done!
This is my boomstick!
Wow u are inspiring me to build my own!!!!
Fear no Evil... Take action to protect those who still survive the sickness..... Commanding General of the NSCO.... The Medic