Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
my 2,000th post comes on thanksgiving..very fitting
well i wanted to make my 2,000th post something nice..first id like to thank everyone here for always making me feel like not a friend, but like family..thats why when i left for a few months i decided to come back and this time stay..no matter how hard things got for me you guys always made it ok..always able to make me laugh and put a smile on my face..i also learned that this may be a cigar forum..and thats what thew admin intended it to be when he had this vision and dream and created it..but i dont think even our hard working admin could ever imagine what has been created here..people coming to each others aid in the blink of an eye..people whom we have never met and will maybe never get the pleasure of meeting..on the drop of a dime doing whatever we can within our means to help a brother and sister of the forum..ive also learned that while some of us may have been smoking for 20-30+ years you guys never forget what its like to be a noob, we all were noob at one time or another no matter how many thousands of cigars you have under your belt..and it is you remembering this that makes this place wonderful.. no matter how stupid or simple the question may be, you guys always went out of your way to help me understand why and how and when..it wasnt just 1 or 2 word answers..these were long paragraphs going into details...also the generosity here is more then it should be..if someone told me how it is here i would think they are lieing..but i am witness first hand the generosity of you the members that make this place my 2nd home..while i know the term is BOTL-brother of the leaf, i consider us more..we are brothers of humanity..because end of the day thats what we are, humans..treating others as humans who are brothers..i also want to say if you are new and lurking on the forum..unsure if this is the place to learn and enjoy your hobby while making some of the best friends you'll ever make..stop lurking and join..these do not care if you have 5 posts or 25,000..they will treat you with the same respect and give you the same advice..numbers here mean nothing..its how you act and what you've done in the time you've been here that matters..and i learned that all i have to do is treat others here the way id like to be treated and it will be returned to me a million times more and better..so thank you everyone for everything you've done for me and the advice you've given me that has helped me enjoy this hobby more then i could have ever imagined..thank you my
brothers and sisters of the forum

Nicely said and you didn't end it with a question.Smile
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
(11-25-2010, 12:42 PM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote: Nicely said and you didn't end it with a question.Smile

hahaha

Congrats and well said post. SC is family.
As Mr. Mum says "make the time you wont regret it"
2010 the year I got my a$$ handed to me from my fellow SC brothers!
(11-25-2010, 01:57 PM)CigarJohn Wrote: Congrats and well said post. SC is family.

What John and Jimmie said!!!Big Grin
"Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace."
Raul Julia

R.I.P: Angel F. Tamame, Deb Krekovich, John Axisa, Jr.
WTG Tony. Now would you please stop mooning us? LOL

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

(11-25-2010, 04:43 PM)tafdom Wrote: WTG Tony. Now would you please stop mooning us? LOL

oh come on hes so cute, and look..no dinggle berries Smile

Well said
Congratulations on 2k!
...moving along...nothing left to see here.
(11-25-2010, 04:43 PM)denali7432 Wrote:
(11-25-2010, 04:43 PM)tafdom Wrote: WTG Tony. Now would you please stop mooning us? LOL

oh come on hes so cute, and look..no dinggle berries Smile

It's just what it says, thats all

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.