Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are any of you a vegan?
crowb8 Wrote:Back in the '70s I was a vegetarian for over 2 years. Not a mucousless diet like yours, not a vegan. But I can tell you that during those 2 years, I was the healthiest I've ever been. And never felt better.

After that, I continued to exclude red meat for over a decade. I ate fish and fowl only. That diet, too made me feel great and controlling my weight was easy.

That was in my long haired hippy days. Now I a balding, short haired hippy and eat most anything I feel like eating. But you know what? I seldom buy red meat and I always start my eating with my vegetables. Then if there's enough room, I'll eat the meat. Good dark fish is my favorite.

Me, I enjoy my vegetables. Up north, I always had a huge garden. Nothing better than fresh vegetables out of your own garden! Big Grin

So Mike, tell me what's your favorite vegan receipe? Maybe we can swap some.

Dan[pirate2]
There are numerous healthy vegan Indian dishes available,

Do you guys cook a lot, I try to cook something daily

[smokin2]

Roukill Wrote:There are numerous healthy vegan Indian dishes available,

Do you guys cook a lot, I try to cook something daily

[smokin2]

I LOVE Indian dishes. Potato and eggplant curry comes to mind right away as one of my old favorites. I'll have to see if I can dig up that receipe too. Haven't made that for a few years.

I am not a vegan, but have toyed with the idea of being a....  vagitarian....   [lol][lol][lol][lol][lol]

(I love my steaks too much to give them up...   Wink)