Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Complete Bliss of Homebrewing
DigitalAnvil Wrote:Brother in law came over tonight and we bottled, things are looking good.

sounds great DA, I just siphoned over to the carboy to drop a little more of the yeast, tasted a little yeastie (and a little weak, if you ask me), and will be bottling tomorrow.

Hey, BTW, do y'all think that 6 lbs of extract is a low ammount for a full 5 gal batch? It smells fantastic, maybe I didn't get a good enough taste, it was only a few drops, since I was being lazy and didn't take the time to get a reading, just siphoned everything over.
I know the directions said to wait 2 weeks after bottling, but Im impatient, so I cracked one open.

Quote:Hey, BTW, do y'all think that 6 lbs of extract is a low ammount for a full 5 gal batch? 

Maybe so, I used 6lbs too, and mine also tastes a little weak. Its good overall, and definitely has that familiar hefe taste, but could stand to be a bit stronger.

[Image: mybeer.jpg]

The pic came out kinda dark, the beer is more golden than reddish as it appears.

It's got a great looking head DA and the body looks good.  Tongue  But how did it taste?  Review besides weak
THEY CALL ME THE SHEPHERD!!! AKA LK HUNTER, FACE BOOK MARIO HUNTER, THE GREAT ONE HUNTER, ETC.
great looking beer, d.a!
ok, bottled tonight, and then later realized I have a spanish composition due tomorrow, so I will be up for a bit longer.  So here's pics from siphoning over the other day and from bottling tonight.

umm, maybe a little easier on the yeast nutirents next time.

[Image: 47b6ce36b3127cce8d85a5b60e9800000016108AcsW7Ru3ct6]

[Image: 47b6ce36b3127cce8d85be14cf9f00000016108AcsW7Ru3ct6]

[Image: 47b6ce36b3127cce8d85bdc38fd100000016108AcsW7Ru3ct6]

and a few from tonight, I tend not to get a lot of pics on bottling day, but here's probably the more relavent moments.

[Image: 47b6ce36b3127cce8d85b7d10ef600000016108AcsW7Ru3ct6]

[Image: 47b6ce36b3127cce8d85ca70cfc100000016108AcsW7Ru3ct6]

It tasted fantastic, had a great citrusy hop flavor, which I hoped would happen after dropping 2 oz of Cascade hops in there. 

anyway, I need to get some stuff done so i can go to bed. 
Very tasty LC, looks really goodTongue
THEY CALL ME THE SHEPHERD!!! AKA LK HUNTER, FACE BOOK MARIO HUNTER, THE GREAT ONE HUNTER, ETC.
sweet shots, lc! btw, me thinks your bodacious fermentation was probably because of the spiking temp. keeping the temp at 70 throughout will give you a more even and sustained foam party. sounds like it's gonna be a tasty halloween treat.[guiness]
Bungalowbill Wrote:sweet shots, lc! btw, me thinks your bodacious fermentation was probably because of the spiking temp. keeping the temp at 70 throughout will give you a more even and sustained foam party. sounds like it's gonna be a tasty halloween treat.[guiness]

yeah, agreed, hard to keep temp down when I pitch above 70.  Next two pieces of equipment on the list are a wort chiller and aerator, one being a bit more pricy than the other, but both worth the $. 

Coming next:   pics of the fridge that saved the party!!!!

Give me a minute and I'll be right back (I say for the two or three folks that are actually in here on this sunday morning)
well, at long last, I have somewhere to put the homebrew.  I am now the proud owner of a general electric that is somewhere between 30 & 50 years old, no one seems to agree on this part, but the damn thing works!  and that's pretty much all I give a shit about right now.  Got the keg in there and most of the bottles, and had the graduation party for my wife this past friday several hours after getting this thing packed up, and man if it wasn't just a huge help to have it there. 

will be nice for future herfs as well Big Grin

[Image: 47b6ce08b3127cce8e77a27eb02900000015108AcsW7Ru3ct6][Image: 47b6ce08b3127cce8e77a246b01100000015108AcsW7Ru3ct6]

It does need a little more love that I was able to give it friday, but I took most of the shelves out, and will later cut one side out of one and put it back in, so there's room for another shelf of bottles.  And it probably hasn't been defrosted in 10 years or more, so that's on the agenda soon as well.
Very nice LC, looks great.Tongue