Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Complete Bliss of Homebrewing
Mark Wrote:I love brown ales, American brown ales have a strong hoppy flavor, which I do like, but there is nothing like a nice english brown ale.  I was drink LOTS of Newcastle lately, but I have been drinking tons of Fullers ESB as of late, it's soooo f*cking good!
That's for damn sure!    I wish I had the time for another hobby...   since I don't, I'll just have to be the guinea pig!    [smokin]

sergione Wrote:
Mark Wrote:Great pics Serg!  Nothing better than your first brew.  Your going to be a happy camper in 3-4 weeks.
you got that right man. Im already gitty about it. Awesome for sure
Very nice pics man! I'm getting restless over here...Need a few more bottles before I start....Soon, can't wait!
~ 2010- The year I was "showered" with gifts from my SC Brothers.

Gratitude is when memories are stored in the heart, and not in the mind. Our hearts will not forget.
sergione Wrote:
Mark Wrote:I love brown ales, American brown ales have a strong hoppy flavor, which I do like, but there is nothing like a nice english brown ale.  I was drink LOTS of Newcastle lately, but I have been drinking tons of Fullers ESB as of late, it's soooo f*cking good!

http://www.fullers-ales.com/esb.php

I will keep an eye out for it

Oooooooo Fullers ESB!  Yumm.
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Cool
Update 03/23/2009

I was freaking out because the airlock was showing NO signs of bubbles....I kept thinking 1. I screwed up 2. The yeast wasn't working 3. I really screwed up and 4. how did I mess up?

Well I was reading that it takes a little while for fermentation to get going and ya, what I read was right.

Got home today and that air lock is going. My room smells like bread with mold...its AWESOME.

Lesson for the day....Dont be like a new parent and stress if your child doesnt learn how to walk right away, just make sure they don't run into a Wall though[lol]
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin
Fermenting beer smells amazing, doesnt it! YUM!
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
Look what I got in the mail today!  [bravo][bravo]

Attached Files Image(s)

I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Cool
Both are great reads, as well as Designing Great Beers, and Brewing Classic Styles, all are MUST HAVES for any homebrewer.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
Awesome Tom![thumbsup]

Looks like a wonderful read....much better than econSadBig Grin
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin
After three years I still reference Joy of Homebrewing for a lot of the questions that I have.  Totally set the pace for the adventure.  Sitting here sipping on an Imperial Stout that is aging VERY well, nice and creamy taste, hops are showing better now that it has a little age on it, gettin me tipsy nice n quick too. woot!
Hey guys....

My fermentation was going really fast for a while and now it has just stopped. No more bubbles. Temp went up to 70 degrees. Does that make a difference?

George Carlin