Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashton ESG
[user=42]JoeBob[/user] wrote:
Quote:The latest Cigar Insider says that they will be out around the end of May!
I like the sound of that!

I'll take odds that this doesn't happen! Smile
[user=36]moki[/user] wrote:
Quote:[user=42]JoeBob[/user] wrote:
Quote:The latest Cigar Insider says that they will be out around the end of May!
I like the sound of that!

I'll take odds that this doesn't happen! Smile

How much do I win? Smile

(top for Bluesman455)
Christmas time.
Nah, they'll certainly be shown at RTDA in final packaging.
True,forgot about that.

Seems like marketing is going along the lines of video games and hot hardware manufacturers...................hype it up as high as possible,advertise everywhere,reviews,spottings and interviews than delay it for months and months to make anticipation and eagerness higher....better sales this way.
[user=93]Cigar Penguin[/user] wrote:
Quote:True,forgot about that.

Seems like marketing is going along the lines of video games and hot hardware manufacturers...................hype it up as high as possible,advertise everywhere,reviews,spottings and interviews than delay it for months and months to make anticipation and eagerness higher....better sales this way.

For what it's worth, that is not what happened here. The cigars were not intentionally delayed, they were supposed to be ready last year. Do you honestly believe Ashton was pleased to drop huge coin on a pricey advertisement in Cigar Aficionado only to let the product fade with time because it wasn't available to sell?

They took out the ad during that timeframe, because they really thought the cigars would be done... and they weren't. Not out of any kind of Machiavellian plan, but rather the lack of one. Honest.
Lol...I believe you...honest.
I was kind of kidding and wrote "seems" like.............though I forgot my tounge smiley!Big Grin

On the flip side,companies...although not cigar companies............do shell out big bucks for advertiseing and hype stuff up for high anticipation.Smile

I hope these are every bit as good as expected to be.I love ashtons quite a bit and even love there heritage line,although my box was a dud,plugs and tight wrapped gars,a good morning smoke or just for mild desires.

Trust me Moki, I had the VSG ER's on your page as my background for a while, and they were just looking too damn tasty, so I had to change it up to a Don lino Africa... Now, if I could only find the VSG ER...
Scott

[user=36]moki[/user] wrote:
Quote:[user=78]Poriggity[/user] wrote:
Quote:I really want!!!!!  After CP and BigE turning me onto the VSG, the ESG has GOT to be good!
Scott  

You could always grab a VSG ER right now... they were released in 2001. The wrapper is slightly different, but I'd imagine the taste profile will be somewhat similar:

http://www.vitolas.net/displayimage.php?pos=-188

I'm guessing Fall for the ESGs as well... but we'll see.
Buy From Eric at www.tbs-cigars.com
Bearded Dad Blog:
http://beardeddad.wordpress.com

thanks Moki......Hey I'd be in for a fiver too!!!![rob]