Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
vacation time
MikeD Wrote:I get 45 days off a year + unlimited paid sick leave... I have no complaints Wink

[party3]

I guess in your line of work you need that just to maintian some sanity
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:
MikeD Wrote:I get 45 days off a year + unlimited paid sick leave... I have no complaints Wink

& you missed Robs herf???!!!

ok, you're a dog...

Thats what I get... now when I get to use them depends upon "the needs of the Department".  What horseshit :?
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

[Image: UserBar1.jpg]
arf arf
OK, This is gonna upset some of you, but take the big picture in to concideration, my work days are away from home, in other countries and on floating facilities in hazardous areas and environments. No weekends off or evenings with my girls after a hard day.

So,

Currently,

I get 26 days leave every 28 days worked, the 2 days travel come out of my time, for what they call a 28-28 rotation.

If I stayed in the North Sea as an adhoc tech, I would be on-call, and be entitled to 5 weeks leave a year ( when it is booked and approved ) on top of whatever rest periods I may be lucky enough to aquire in between jobs.

My busiest year to date saw me work away from home for a grand total of 286 days, Take into account that my leave days total 45 (if you are lucky enough to actually get the weekends) and you can see that I only had 34 rest days that year.

That was the year that I quit and took a desk job for a while.

But I'm back again, dumb? Maybe, I know.
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why