Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Some Help On Smoking Laws
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:
-PO- Wrote:Thanks guys, the last time we where in Maui  was in 2003 just me and the wife but this time we decieded the kids deserved a nice vacation.  We have some friends that live there so we might spend Easter with them while we are there.  The condo has two lani's that have awsome views of the beach and Ocean and man I can't wait.
say HI to the Dog fo me...
ROTFLMAO!!!  Good one Skipper
THEY CALL ME THE SHEPHERD!!! AKA LK HUNTER, FACE BOOK MARIO HUNTER, THE GREAT ONE HUNTER, ETC.
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:
-PO- Wrote:Thanks guys, the last time we where in Maui  was in 2003 just me and the wife but this time we decieded the kids deserved a nice vacation.  We have some friends that live there so we might spend Easter with them while we are there.  The condo has two lani's that have awsome views of the beach and Ocean and man I can't wait.
say HI to the Dog fo me...

Right on Brah. . .

lol

TomC
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Cool
Okay so the punk doesnt want to answer his phone. He's in the airforce so he might be busy with training or something but I'll keep trying. Anyway what I remember from him explaining it to me was that you couldnt smoke in restaurants and that you had to be so many feet away from a restaurants door when you did smoke. As far as walking around LaHana or on the beach with a nice cigar I'm not sure.  I'll keep trying to get in touch with him though.
Last time I was there was too long ago to count for any reference, but I remember the beaches were like damn chimney stacks, it was as if someone posted that smoking was healthy again.  Have a great time Paul, Maui is a beautiful place.
I'm part Hawaiian and I contacted some relatives in Hawai'i - they live in Honolulu. 

Anyway, they directed me to the Hawai'i State DoH site and it says that smoking is allowed in Private Residences and outdoors.  I did see that the bill stated that smoking is banned on lanais but only for public places.  The only stickler is that smoking is also banned within 20 feet of doorways, windows and ventilation intakes, so being in a condo, I think that might apply.

FYI, smoking is also banned in restaurants, bars, nightclubs BUT allowed in tobacco shops.

The link to the site:

http://www.hawaii.gov/health/healthy-lifestyles/tobacco/resources/documents/Hawaii%20Smoke%20Free%20Law%20Overview.pdf

I spent New Years and the following week in Hawaii, pretty much smoked everywhere outside, and on the lanai of the condo. Only place I _wanted_ to smoke and couldn't was at the pool.

Place is riddled with tourists from Japan and the Orient/Asia - and all of them over the age of 12 smoke Smile

Off to the Caribbean tomorrow
Thanks for the info HerfnerdBig Grin
THEY CALL ME THE SHEPHERD!!! AKA LK HUNTER, FACE BOOK MARIO HUNTER, THE GREAT ONE HUNTER, ETC.