Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thinking about a new business venture...
Good luck Scott.  Sounds like you'd be lving the dream.

Me, I'd probably put myself out of business, getting high on my own supply.

Hope it works out for you.  Keep us posted.
Magnum PI Wrote:Me, I'd probably put myself out of business, getting high on my own supply.

well said Andrew....i know i would be guilty of it
I love when people think I'm psychologically disturbed cause it means I overloaded their neurological nerves
beautiful, scott!

idea: cigar shop/tap pub/bordello... all under one roof.

live the dream!
good luck Scott. keep us posted. I'll def be out there for your grand opening!
Best of luck - that will be awesome!

That would be great Scott!   Its a wonderful business and you get to meet many great people.   One of the biggest decisions is deciding what cigar to smoke when you have so many fine choices!  lol!

Just keep in mind that there may be a reason why he is considering the sell of the business.   Also, if this new tax goes through...there will be a floor tax and all the cigars in your inventory will end up being taxed pre-sales and sent to the state.  Sad     

$300,000 in inventory would end up costing 32.41% tax...  $97,230 which would SUCK right when you open the doors in your name!

The tax will snuff out most all the mom & pop stores, and the big guys like JR's, Thompsons and CI will end up paying a very dear price to remain in business.
Yeah, I am looking at that too... Trust me, before I think about going forward with this, I will be looking at it from every angle possible.  We shall see what happens.
Can you say GIANT STOGIE CHAT BOMBING SPREE!! WOOO
Scott  
Buy From Eric at www.tbs-cigars.com
Bearded Dad Blog:
http://beardeddad.wordpress.com

Hope this dream comes true for you Scott.  If only the politicians would  keep their "tax everyone but me" agendas out of the cigar business!!
Freakin' ray of sunshine, ain't I.
Too cool Scott! Best of luck, I hope it happens. We will definitely have a "Shop-warming" party.

Doc
--
Doc Stogie Fresh
www.StogieFresh.com
Bringing this back to the top.. The shop owner is still selling, and hasn't had any reasonable people interested.  His asking price for the shop and all his inventory (which is ALOT) is 40k.  That gives me everything.  I'd have to invest another 1000 for a distributor license to sell some brands, and lease payment is about 1200 a month... Not too shabby.. based on his financials, if run by myself, good money is there to be made.  I am still hesitant only because of this federal tax that is looming.  I might have to bring this up to the wife again..
Scott  
Buy From Eric at www.tbs-cigars.com
Bearded Dad Blog:
http://beardeddad.wordpress.com