Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nicaraguan San Cristobal
Mark Wrote:
US_Tank Wrote:I just ordered a box of them today to go into my new cabinet.  The Guajiro is truly an amazing smoke.  Normally I like a little larger ring size but this beauty packed the best flavor or the bunch I thought.

Daryn

Daryn,

You will find out that most manufacturers try to do too much with the larger ring gauges.  You will get the most flavor out of the thinner ring gauges.  The Lancero format has to be the best sixe going right now, followed by the corona and the corona gorda.
Thanks Mark.  Good info to know.  I have noticed the fuller bodied cigars in my fledgling smoking days seem to be mellower with the larger ring size.  Now I am better at identifying flavors and finding the lesser ring size to be better.  Latest case was with the Oliva V Lancero.  Great smoke.   In my review of the San Cristobal I had a hard time choosing between the Fabuloso and the Monumento.  Then the next day I smoked the Gaujiro and found that to be the best of the bunch.
The Oliva V is a PERFECT example.  The larger sizes are a good smoke, but the Lancero is an out of this world smoke.  I almost always lean towards the smaller ring gauges. The 50, Robusto is good, but I much perfer the 46/42/40/38 sizes.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
Mark Wrote:The Oliva V is a PERFECT example.  The larger sizes are a good smoke, but the Lancero is an out of this world smoke.  I almost always lean towards the smaller ring gauges. The 50, Robusto is good, but I much perfer the 46/42/40/38 sizes.

Big Ditto on those smaller sizes.  However, I prefer these smaller ring sizes to be longer in length.  I have a Montecristo "A"  cuban that I am dying to try out.  Its 7.5 inches by 38 or 40 ring or so that I brought home last April.
The Monte A is 9 1/4 x 47

It sounds like you have a Monte Especial No 1  7 1/2 x 38 (Lancero)  Made to compete with the Cohiba Lancero
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
Mark Wrote:The Monte A is 9 1/4 x 47

It sounds like you have a Monte Especial No 1  7 1/2 x 38 (Lancero)  Made to compete with the Cohiba Lancero

That's probably the one.  I cannot keep all those Montecristo Cubans straight.  I love them the best though.
US_Tank Wrote:

That's probably the one.  I cannot keep all those Montecristo Cubans straight.  I love them the best though.
Does it have a pigtail cap?  If so, the Especial No 1 is what you got.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
Mark Wrote:
US_Tank Wrote:

Does it have a pigtail cap?  If so, the Especial No 1 is what you got.
Quote:I don't recall right off-hand.  If memory serves me right I also have a Jaun Lopez Cuban that the guy running the humidor/smoke shop within the Barcelo hotel in Playa Del Carmen recommended to me.  I bought one and still have it.  It too is a 38 rings size but closer to 5.5 inches.
Quote:
Mark Wrote:The Oliva V is a PERFECT example.  The larger sizes are a good smoke, but the Lancero is an out of this world smoke.  I almost always lean towards the smaller ring gauges. The 50, Robusto is good, but I much perfer the 46/42/40/38 sizes.
Another perfect example is the LFD DL Lancero.  The chisel is an awesome smoke, but the lancero has more of a concentrated flavor.   They kick ass.  Big Grin
Mark Wrote:
US_Tank Wrote:I just ordered a box of them today to go into my new cabinet.  The Guajiro is truly an amazing smoke.  Normally I like a little larger ring size but this beauty packed the best flavor or the bunch I thought.

Daryn

Daryn,

You will find out that most manufacturers try to do too much with the larger ring gauges.  You will get the most flavor out of the thinner ring gauges.  The Lancero format has to be the best sixe going right now, followed by the corona and the corona gorda.
I love the Lanceros!!
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Headley Wrote:I agree with all you said on these Skip.  I find them somewhere between a VSG and maybe the Blue Label from Pepin
DITTO! I love em'

Doc
--
Doc Stogie Fresh
www.StogieFresh.com