Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Member With Plenty To Offer.
B Cigars Wrote:"Alright, since you don't seem to understand this place I'm going to try to help you out.  Number one, this is a close-knit community where many call each other brother.  You need to gain the trust and respect of us before you can peddle whatever it is you think you're selling.  Every retailer here has taken the time to post a hello and state their intentions. Please do the same.  Secondly, we appreciate those who add to the community.  Try hanging around and posting a bit.  If you are truly versed in cigars then your point of view could be beneficial.  Third, I will say that I do not nor will I EVER trust you as long as your business model is filled with innuendo and all this cloak and dagger stuff.  It's childish!  Post your stock and your prices and leave it up to the people to decide if you're worthy of their money.  We have many members in other countries who may like what they see.  As for me and the rest of the US citizens here you're fully admitting you offer to help us BREAK FEDERAL LAW.  That tells me all I need to know about your integrity as a retailer right there!  Sorry to be so harsh, B, but your tact has been poor up to now.  Let's hope I'm wrong and it gets better.Wink

P.S.  If you do stick around, FIX YOUR FONT SETTING.  I hope this finds you well in Vancouver, WA."

I'm operating a business that requires a more subtle and, if you will, covert approach.  I'm not forcing any of my goods upon anybody, so if you feel that purchasing from me without me being a close-knit friend, then by all means don't.  You want me to post a hello and state my intentions, well selling premium cigars is my intention, the good thing is (Which you somehow perceive is bad) that I don't try and warm up to you to try and get you to buy my goods, I don't pretend to be your friend to make a sale.  I'm the genuine article, and I've been quite up front with who I am and why I'm here.  That isn't to say that I won't make friends here, but being so presumptuous, like I'm out to get you, seems pretty unfriendly for such a 'warm' community.  Oh, and when it comes to helping you "BREAK FEDERAL LAW", I'm helping you about as much as a gun helps shoot people, in that I'm not making you pull a trigger, you make the choice yourself.

I want to offer something good that most people can't get their hands on, that's my business, so to speak.  You may find me tactless, but nobody here seems to be interested in anything but ridiculing me out of sheer paranoia and self-righteousness.  I'm glad to be a member of the community, and I hope to make many customers and friends here, so please, don't be so degrading.

Oh, if there's a sale section, then please direct me to it, and I will be sure to post there from now on.  As for my font, I rather prefer 'Times New Roman', so don't lay the smackdown on my because our tastes differ.

Thank you all for your time, and I hope to gain your understanding in this matter.  After all, you're not the only ones with bills to pay.

~B~
All I can say is thank you for meeting my request to state your intentions and introduce yourself.  You're a smuggler.  Plain and simple.  What you do is provide a service that many people want.  That much is true and I can appreciate your right to do it.  But the fact is if you tried your crappy excuse with the feds and they would laugh at you all the way to the federal pen!  Guns are sold legally in this country, Cuban goods are not.  Your analogy is wrong. 
   That all being said, I don't think myself better than you and I know people would love to see your prices so please do post in a new thread.  I will not editorialize that thread.  I believe prices speak for themselves and everyone has the right to choose to deal with you or not.  I'm just one man who's choosing not to due to your being personally revolting to me.  It has absolutely nothing to do with your business.  I just see you as being wrong on so many levels.  I don't like the way you started here.  I don't like the way you said, "sorry and please delete this account" only to hang around and keep peddling and justifying your ways.  You see, I'm not paranoid or self-righteous, I'm wizened and cautious after many years of seeing people show up here with similar offers.  As a person in your line of work you should be used to this.  Why would anyone choose to believe you're of good intentions?  At least the foreign retailers who advertise here share their business location and pertinent information.  You claim by not doing so you're making us more safe?[doh]  that kind of thinking is what causes the gullible and naive to lose their savings to Nigerians.  Gimme a break.  If I were in your "business" I would probably use a referral system to make new clients.  Not the freaking internet!  I'd probably protect myself from the public eye a bit more if I were concerned about my "business" staying afloat with the model I'm assuming you're using.  If I was trying to scam I'd do what you've done.  That's why I question you.  Don't be mistaken, this isn't personal at all.  If you can't handle some constructive criticism about your business model and pitch then you need to toughen up.Wink

I wish you well in your business endeavors and again, I hope you prove me very wrong.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by B Cigars - 12-06-2008, 04:48 AM
[No subject] - by fishhound - 12-06-2008, 08:14 AM
[No subject] - by MaduroAccountant - 12-06-2008, 09:31 AM
[No subject] - by US_Tank - 12-06-2008, 10:57 AM
[No subject] - by B Cigars - 12-06-2008, 05:24 PM
[No subject] - by US_Tank - 12-06-2008, 05:40 PM
[No subject] - by macallan2 - 12-06-2008, 05:46 PM
[No subject] - by Admin - 12-06-2008, 07:22 PM
[No subject] - by US_Tank - 12-06-2008, 07:34 PM
[No subject] - by fishhound - 12-06-2008, 07:39 PM
[No subject] - by bipolar - 12-06-2008, 07:50 PM