StogieChat Cigar Forum
Xbox 360 Blues - Printable Version

+- StogieChat Cigar Forum (https://www.stogiechat.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics & Issues (https://www.stogiechat.com/forum/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Nothing About Cigars (https://www.stogiechat.com/forum/forum-26.html)
+--- Thread: Xbox 360 Blues (/thread-4978.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

- US_Tank - 12-16-2008

Okay, so I am having bad luck with retail in general.   Two years ago to the day I bought an Xbox 360 for myself and my kids for Christmas.  Within 2 weeks it went down and instead of taking it back to Best Buy I sent it in for warranty repairs.

Then exactly one year ago the system locked up and would not play games.   Again I sent it in for warranty repairs.

Now just yesterday the system is having issues.   It will not accept a game.  It let's me sign into a gamer profile, then it starts to read the disk.   Then the system stops and says to insert game or dvd.   WTF?   There is a game in the damn thing.   It does this with all the games.

I checked troubleshooting and it says clean games.   So I did and nothing.

I call the customer support and now my Xbox is not under warranty.   I tell them that this is the 3rd incident within two years and I am not about to pay for service.   They want $107 plus shipping to cover possible repairs.   I tell them that I paid $399 for this system and today they are selling for $199.   For me to pay that much it should last a minimum of 3 years.   They tell me no deal.  I even spoke to a customer support supervisor and he would not budge.    I told him that a system to have this many issues within such a short time of manufacture better be covered.   Still he says I have to pay for a repair.

I am pissed!   Any suggestions?

- MK 199 - 12-16-2008

If you know anyone that is good with computers you may have them open it up and see if they can find anything wrong.  I had the IT director at my work look at mine and it turned out there was a chip that had just barely popped out of place, he pushed it back down into place and used some little computer soldering iron thing and it worked fine.  Maybe worth a shot since it isn't under warranty anymore.  Hope you get it figured out

- chris1980 - 12-16-2008

pm sent!!!

- Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo - 12-16-2008

call back and try the same pitch again. If they say yes, then you are good. If they say no, then tell them OK, I'll return the 5 games I bought my kids for xmas and use the money to buy a Wii (& when I am returning the games I'll be sure and tell them why)

But... they problem is most likely snow in the hard drive or a frozen mother board.

(where's scoop when you need him)

- madurodave - 12-16-2008

Same thing happened to me last year.  I was sooo damn mad!!!

The 3 lights of death, I think it's called. 

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #b9af9f"Solution?  Throw the piece of crap in the garbage and buy the PS3.  Better gaming, BlueRay, harddrive, etc, etc....

- US_Tank - 12-16-2008

madurodave Wrote:Same thing happened to me last year.  I was sooo damn mad!!!

The 3 lights of death, I think it's called. 

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #b9af9f"Solution?  Throw the piece of crap in the garbage and buy the PS3.  Better gaming, BlueRay, harddrive, etc, etc....

I have too many xbox 360 games and I already have a blu ray otherwise I would. 

So I called back and got the same response.   I told them that it will certainly cost them more money to have to send a rep to Fargo, ND to attend small claims court.  

I explained that for $400 this thing should not have broken down three times so there is something wrong with the system.   I told them that as a manufacturer selling a product you need to not sell crap for that kind of money.

- Rob The Long Island Cowboy - 12-16-2008

investigate this one daryn on google.  there were several class action lawsuits brought against microsoft for defects in the 360 overheating and such causing the red ring of death.  in response microsoft extended the warranties on 360's purchased in certain years beyond their normal term limits. 

- US_Tank - 12-16-2008

Rob The Long Island Cowboy Wrote:investigate this one daryn on google.  there were several class action lawsuits brought against microsoft for defects in the 360 overheating and such causing the red ring of death.  in response microsoft extended the warranties on 360's purchased in certain years beyond their normal term limits. 

They extended the warranty for 3 years for the 3 red lights.   But they will not warrant my issue.   They told me so twice now.  Even if I send it in claiming the 3 red lights were on, and it turns out not to be the case, they will hold the xbox until I pay with credit card.

I told that that to extend a warranty for 3 years for one issue and not another is bullshit.   Especially when I had a lemon from the start.

- madurodave - 12-16-2008

I have a suggestion....

You can buy the unit itself pretty cheap.  Maybe $60.00 for a used one?  Then you can sell your bad one...I got $30.00 + shipping for my POS. 

I had TONS of games and accessories as well.  Eventually sold all of it in one bundle and bought the PS3.  I just went through this crap with Microsoft about 8 months ago.  goo dluck

- tafdom - 12-16-2008

When they are shitty, I'm shitty. I use specific credit cards for a reason. Call your credit card company and ask if they are the ones that double the manufacturers warranty. If they are, then your welcome.

If not, break it off in microsoft's arse. Go buy another unit, swap the console and return it to the store because it won't work. It will go back to Microsoft for a full credit to the store. Microsoft will reman it and sell it again with a warranty.  Not the preffered method but they should have taken care of the prob because THEY KNOW there are problems with the units.