Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ghost hunters and ghost adventures shows
I'm still wondering what an 'Honary' Shield Brother is...Big Grin
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
- Robert E. Howard

[Image: 1bc4f12b9dc4c6d90564fc11a3f6a43a.gif]

im gona guess freemasonry?

I would have guessed it would be 'Honorary'...

Just yanking Mum's chain.
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
- Robert E. Howard

[Image: 1bc4f12b9dc4c6d90564fc11a3f6a43a.gif]

(09-03-2010, 09:52 PM)Soulend Wrote: I'm still wondering what an 'Honary' Shield Brother is...Big Grin

You would have to ask NANP...
My shield brother....
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
I will occasionally watch Ghost Hunters, and I too saw a ghost while traveling in France. I'll give the short version of it. A college friend and I were backpacking through the French Riviera (in Cannes) and got a hotel room before traveling onto Italy the next day. I was sitting on my bed watching tv while my friend took a shower. The tv was mounted onto the wall, up sort of high, to the left of the bathroom door. I dozed off and woke up a bit when my friend walked out of the bathroom, passed between the tv and my bed to get to her backpack. It was then I saw a man standing under the tv. I remember thinking what the hell is he doing in our room, as the door was locked. Obviously, my friend did not see it as she walked just a few feet from the tv. The time was around 9:30 at night. I went back to sleep and forgot all about it, chalking it up to a dream. The next morning as I was lacing up my boots my friend asked me if I got up and went to the bathroom early that morning. I said that I hadn't. I am a dead sound sleeper (no pun intended); I don't get up in the middle of the night ever, nor am I a sleep walker. I asked her why she asked me that. It was a weird question, and I then remembered what I had seen the night before. I asked my friend again what had she seen. She said that she woke up about 6:30 in the morning and saw a man standing under the tv, and then he turned and went into the bathroom. I assured her that it definitely was not me, and it was then I told her what I saw the night before. So, we both saw a man standing under the tv at different times and had not told each other until after we both saw it. The room was locked.

I've told this story to many people, including the most ardent skeptics, and no one yet has given me a logical explanation that would fully explain the experience. So for lack of a better term, I called it a ghost. However, I still tend to be quite skeptical of a lot of what I see on Ghost Hunters, but it's a good show.

Another friend and I got to go into a dark mausoleum on Halloween night to informally investigate. Our Masonic Lodge owns a cemetery, so the superintendent is one of our lodge brothers and invited us to hang out that night. He had to be there to ensure no idiots vandalized the cemetery. We didn't see anything.
Denali, the shield brotherhood isn't a Freemasonry thing. I am a Mason and have never heard of it. I think it is a StogieChat thing.
"I will strive to live with love & care—upon the level by the square"
great story man, thanx for sharing

I would like to start my comment by stating that: I dont want to insult anyone, and it is not my intention to do so.

That said, I believe those shows are fake. I believe any 'footage' or 'audio' they show, is convienently edited in, to keep the budget for the show rolling in.

I do not believe in ghosts. And to stay away from the theological side of the conversation, I wont get to involved with that part of the reason why. The other part is because I have gone to places where there are supposed to be ghosts, and standing right beside people who are claiming to see and hear things, I see and hear nothing that cannot be explained or proven as part of the physical place.

Not delving into theology, I do believe there are angels and demons that do things here in our existence. Not that I have ever seen (or really want to) them either.

I am willing to say that I could be wrong, and that these things do exist in some fashion. But when put into the sensationalism of the media, and the hype that they generate, it is just fake. With the (supposedly studied) two hundred million photos and one hundred million videos being recorded every day in the US alone, pure logic dictates that someone would catch something more tangible than a wispy blurry image.

I really liked the movie Ghost, with Patrick Swayze, Demi Moore and Whoopie Goldberg. But with all the love in the world, if anything like that was even remotely possible, someone somewhere, would have caught it on tape.
...moving along...nothing left to see here.
(09-05-2010, 12:03 PM)Domniomaestro Wrote: I would like to start my comment by stating that: I dont want to insult anyone, and it is not my intention to do so.

That said, I believe those shows are fake. I believe any 'footage' or 'audio' they show, is convienently edited in, to keep the budget for the show rolling in.

I do not believe in ghosts. And to stay away from the theological side of the conversation, I wont get to involved with that part of the reason why. The other part is because I have gone to places where there are supposed to be ghosts, and standing right beside people who are claiming to see and hear things, I see and hear nothing that cannot be explained or proven as part of the physical place.

Not delving into theology, I do believe there are angels and demons that do things here in our existence. Not that I have ever seen (or really want to) them either.

I am willing to say that I could be wrong, and that these things do exist in some fashion. But when put into the sensationalism of the media, and the hype that they generate, it is just fake. With the (supposedly studied) two hundred million photos and one hundred million videos being recorded every day in the US alone, pure logic dictates that someone would catch something more tangible than a wispy blurry image.

I really liked the movie Ghost, with Patrick Swayze, Demi Moore and Whoopie Goldberg. But with all the love in the world, if anything like that was even remotely possible, someone somewhere, would have caught it on tape.

Don't get me wrong. I 100% agree that many things on Ghost Hunters and other shows can be explained.That being said, I have had a few "paranormal" experiences. What is a paranormal experience??? Well, for starters, it does not mean that I saw Casper swoop out of the darkness in front of me..lol..What it does mean is I have had a few things happen personally that can not be explained to the best of my ability. I consider myself to be a well grounded, sensible, educated person. In addition, I am pretty open minded. When I think paranormal, it isn't always about getting touched by a spirit, recording a voice, or snapping a questionable picture. To ME, it is about something happening that cannot be coincidental. Something out of the ordinary.

I would never try to convince someone that there is something else out there. That is not me. I respect those that say it's all BS, just as much as those that believe 100%.

I would like to tell my story and share my experience, but do to the extremely personal nature, I cannot share this on the open forum. I do not want my personal pictures and story on the net for all to see, and possibly repost without my consent.

I have reasons for me to believe in something. Reasons that really hit home. I did not believe before, but I do now.
~ 2010- The year I was "showered" with gifts from my SC Brothers.

Gratitude is when memories are stored in the heart, and not in the mind. Our hearts will not forget.
(09-05-2010, 08:25 PM)Hunlock Wrote:
(09-05-2010, 12:03 PM)Domniomaestro Wrote: I would like to start my comment by stating that: I dont want to insult anyone, and it is not my intention to do so.

Don't get me wrong. I 100% agree that many things on Ghost Hunters and other shows can be explained.That being said, I have had a few "paranormal" experiences. What is a paranormal experience??? Well, for starters, it does not mean that I saw Casper swoop out of the darkness in front of me..lol..What it does mean is I have had a few things happen personally that can not be explained to the best of my ability. I consider myself to be a well grounded, sensible, educated person. In addition, I am pretty open minded. When I think paranormal, it isn't always about getting touched by a spirit, recording a voice, or snapping a questionable picture. To ME, it is about something happening that cannot be coincidental. Something out of the ordinary.

I would never try to convince someone that there is something else out there. That is not me. I respect those that say it's all BS, just as much as those that believe 100%.

I would like to tell my story and share my experience, but do to the extremely personal nature, I cannot share this on the open forum. I do not want my personal pictures and story on the net for all to see, and possibly repost without my consent.

I have reasons for me to believe in something. Reasons that really hit home. I did not believe before, but I do now.

i agree with everything you said, im hoping one day i can buy you a beer and treat you to a nice cigar and we can share our stories in person

I hope to have a beer and a smoke with all of you...you are all great BOTLs!
"I will strive to live with love & care—upon the level by the square"