Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flooding!
Just heard about this mess on Fox news and thought I would check for a thread on here b/c I knew Tank would have a good update with lots of pictures!  Hope all is well Daryn, and the sandbags help prevent some of the damage! Be safe and good luck
MK 199 Wrote:Just heard about this mess on Fox news and thought I would check for a thread on here b/c I knew Tank would have a good update with lots of pictures!  Hope all is well Daryn, and the sandbags help prevent some of the damage! Be safe and good luck
D's house could be swept away, floating down the street and the family dog would be $hit out of luck as he would be riding on the roof taking pictures[wow]  With a cigar in his mouth, talking on the phone to someone[smokin2]
Best of luck out there Tank. It looks like a royal mess out there.

Better move the cigars to the attic, preserve the valuables.
The people of Fargo thank you Tank, for bustin' yer hump.   How many are just sitting around and hoping that someone will save the day?  Then there's Daryn,  smokin', clickin', and bagging,  bagging, clickin' and smokin'.  One amazing dude!
Freakin' ray of sunshine, ain't I.
Bobgun Wrote:The people of Fargo thank you Tank, for bustin' yer hump.   How many are just sitting around and hoping that someone will save the day?  Then there's Daryn,  smokin', clickin', and bagging,  bagging, clickin' and smokin'.  One amazing dude!
+1! [thumbsup]
It appears most of the flooding is from Climax's runoff?

Attached Files Image(s)

Rob The Long Island Cowboy Wrote:
Bobgun Wrote:The people of Fargo thank you Tank, for bustin' yer hump.   How many are just sitting around and hoping that someone will save the day?  Then there's Daryn,  smokin', clickin', and bagging,  bagging, clickin' and smokin'.  One amazing dude!
+1! [thumbsup]
+2 [thumbsup] [thumbsup]
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Tonto The Long Island Sidekick Wrote:
Rob The Long Island Cowboy Wrote:
+1! [thumbsup]
+2 [thumbsup] [thumbsup]
+3[thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup]
~ 2010- The year I was "showered" with gifts from my SC Brothers.

Gratitude is when memories are stored in the heart, and not in the mind. Our hearts will not forget.
You guys are awesome!  Hey, if I needed the help, I would appreciate volunteers to sandbag to save my house!   A crew of my friends were out at 3am this morning and we got in at about 8.  Then back out at noon and just got in here at 7 tonight.

For those that called and texted thanks!  New National Weather Service predictions has an increase in the flood waters.  We have to raise the sandbag dikes.  But to do this we just cannot put bags on top of the existing one's.  We need to expand the foundations. 

The conditions are muddy, and the blizzard that was supposed to subside at 3pm today continues.  10 inches of new snow here in Fargo and its blowing around with the high winds.   I could not even really enjoy a cigar most of the day today while sandbagging, but I tried.

On a brighter note we could not have achieved our 5 mile long sections of sandbags without many of the college kids who volunteered their time and energies.  I got to work side-by-side today with some 20-something Betty's and that made the day a whole lot better.   I may be old and not as good as I once was, but I can still smile!  Big Grin
Tank...how close is the water to your house?
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles