Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flooding!
I text but when u got somethin like that goin on, you wont catch me on my phone!!! The work you guys are doin is gonna save homes, and everythin that goes along with that. Lots of stuff that cant be replaced ya know. We have had some bad floods up here in Wa the past couple years and the damage is crazy. On top of all that, a blizzard!!! Crazyness my friend. If you need anythin, anythin at all, dont hesatate(i cant spell!!!) to ask. My prayers will be with you and your community buddy..
Thats awesome Daryn. 
I really wish I would have helped out when it flooded here last spring.
Sad
Thanks for volunteering to help.

It still amazes me the Army Corps Of Engineers thinks it can control water though.
Hey D, I see they're thinking of blasting the ice dam.  Not sure if it's gonna help but wow with this new weather who knows what the heck is going to happen!  I wish I could break away and make the trip out to help you guys but there's just no way.Sad  Hit me up this weekend and let me know how it's all going.  I hope you all make it through as unscathed as possible.:?
I've seen the Red River with no water a couple of summers ago and I've seen it filled to the brim.  That river is like a woman who can't make up her mind.

Tank, if the time comes, I'll store that collection for you.

Seriously, I know flooding and it's terrible.  I'm from Eastern Iowa and witnessed things that were not thought possible. 

I'll keep you in my prayers. 

Confusedhock:  Good Luck Tank.........hopefully it won't get as bad as anticipated
Well now many of the dikes that have been in place for years are starting to show some signs of weakeness.  The Mayor just stated that those who built them years ago did not know what they were doing.  Now the city is stressed again.

Ice flows have caused some major dike issues and damage control is hard at work.  Today we have 35mph winds and blowing snow.  Its impossible to work outside without goggles or glasses on.   And the floodwaters in shallow areas are freezing up now.

First you guys go nuts over a little snow. This time it's over a little bit of water. Better go build you an ark. j/k

We were certainly hit hard last summer with the flash floods but I don't live close enough to any water to be effected by something like that. 
US_Tank Wrote:Well now many of the dikes that have been in place for years are starting to show some signs of weakeness.  The Mayor just stated that those who built them years ago did not know what they were doing.  Now the city is stressed again.

Ice flows have caused some major dike issues and damage control is hard at work.  Today we have 35mph winds and blowing snow.  Its impossible to work outside without goggles or glasses on.   And the floodwaters in shallow areas are freezing up now.
Honestly Tank, I could travel Friday night and work all day Saturday (perhaps Sunday as well) if there's something you need me to do.  Please let me know if I can help and I'll get my ass on the road ASAP on Friday!
good lord.  best wishes, thoughts and hopes daryn for you and your family.  be safe.