Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Health Care Insurance
For two of us, we are paying $160/month....After the little guy arrives, we will be paying about $220/month for family coverage plus deductables of course.
~ 2010- The year I was "showered" with gifts from my SC Brothers.

Gratitude is when memories are stored in the heart, and not in the mind. Our hearts will not forget.
Since I'm a bachelor and only need to cover myself, my district's health insurance only costs me $22.95 per check (2X a month) for reasonably decent (Humana) coverage. This is the first year, I think, that my cost actually went down and my benefits up.

Also have a dental plan for $12.49 per check, and legal services for $9.43.

It's a decent package, and I'm not really sure how much the district pays. Out the wazoo, I'd imagine. Adding spouse + kid coverage is about half a new teacher's paycheck! Confusedhock:

NANP™
[cigar]
NANP™
Viking1
I pay $100 a month but my deductible is $6000 before they cover anything.  So I might as well not have insurance.  In the long run I would be ahead[curse]
THEY CALL ME THE SHEPHERD!!! AKA LK HUNTER, FACE BOOK MARIO HUNTER, THE GREAT ONE HUNTER, ETC.
-PO- Wrote:I pay $100 a month but my deductible is $6000 before they cover anything.  So I might as well not have insurance.  In the long run I would be ahead[curse]

A day or so in the hospital would cost you $6,000 or more.

My wife was in the hospital (intensive care) for a week and the bill was $100,000.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
I pay $58/week for a family of four.  Outstanding coverage and it includes dental.  Two more years and I get medical paid for life when I retire with this company.
US_Tank Wrote:I pay $58/week for a family of four.  Outstanding coverage and it includes dental.  Two more years and I get medical paid for life when I retire with this company.

ditto

damn jimbo!  where does it end........
US_Tank Wrote:I pay $58/week for a family of four.  Outstanding coverage and it includes dental.  Two more years and I get medical paid for life when I retire with this company.
Wow when I seen Jimmie's price I thought I was doing ok but now that I see this I'm second guessing that. 
As Mr. Mum says "make the time you wont regret it"
2010 the year I got my a$$ handed to me from my fellow SC brothers!
I pay zero for great personal coverage which includes some dental and vision. My employer (local government) pays 100%, worth in the neighborhood of $700 monthly.  The fetching Mrs. Crowb8 is covered at her job and pays about $80 per month. She's a CCRN at a local hospital and has access to an excellent network.

I feel so lucky after hearing how much Mum is paying! Daum. Very lucky.
[pirate2]

Great plan Daryn!  Companies like that are hard to find. [thumbsup]