Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don Pepin
You got some balls to post against Saint Pepin, Wingman Tongue
I love when people think I'm psychologically disturbed cause it means I overloaded their neurological nerves
[user=351]Stands and Looks Back[/user] wrote:
Quote:You got some balls to post against Saint Pepin, Wingman Tongue
lol [lol]
The post was done unknowingly of the out come, in fright and trepidation of the responses that would preside it.
Quote:Padron makes the best product on the market in my opinion. There was a time when I smoked the 64's exclusively. I dont want to say that Padron is better than Penpin, to each their own, but yes Padron is better.

One thing that bugs me about Pepin's products is when they are compared in terms of flavor to cubans, that they are the closest thing to a cuban. The Cabaiguan was talked about this way and I thought it was a great cigar but like a cuban, no.

Again this is only one mans opinion.

I do think Padron has one of the best lines on the market. In fact the Padron 26th ann. is my all time favorite. Its the best cigar on the market Cuban or Non. The 5000 & 6000 are and have been in my normal rotation right along with the Pepin Blue for the last few years.

What I think is very interesting is that they are both Nic. Puros and the have completely different flavor profiles.

I do think the Tatuaje Cojonu & Cabaiguan are as good or better than most Cuban cigars. I would not describe them as being the same. Then the Tat.'s cost more than most Cubans.

I think one of the best ways to really compare cigars is doing the blind taste test.

Wingman Wrote:The post was done unknowingly of the out come, in fright and trepidation of the responses that would preside it.
No need to hide a difference in opinion here. Ones tastes and like or dislikes are subjective. Things that I find appealing in a cigar, you might find the opposite. It is more important in how you state your opinion, which I feel you did fine.

I see our common ground is Padron Anny's, I love these cigars as well. I have not tried much else of the Padron line as of yet.

As far as comparing non Cuban cigars to Cuban cigars, I feel no one should do this. There is no comparison. Not to say one is better then the other, they are just different and keep it at that.

Welcome to Stogie Chat Wingman, I look forward to your input, and welcome your honest opinion.
i think the Tats have a pretty decent Cuban profile. I also get that form the Don Carlos by Fuente.

But... there are many different Cuban flavors. The Cuban Fonsenca tastes nothing like the Cuban Bolivar. So what one person perceives as a Cuban flavor may be something he picked up in his favorite ISOM which may not match yours at all.

I also thing that no one would argue the magnificence of the Padron Anniversary series. I personally wouldn't take one of their non-anniversary cigars as a gift.

This hobby has so much to offer. Everyone can find something to their liking. And 6 weeks later they can and will change their mind.
Stands and Looks Back Wrote:You got some balls to post against Saint Pepin, Wingman Tongue
How dare someone bash Saint  Pepin!!! Tongue Just kidding everyone has diffferent and thats why I say Smoke what you like!! However I will always be a PepinHo
Wingman Wrote:
Back Yard Smokes Wrote:I think Pepin Garcia is the best cigar maker today. 
I disagree, all of his blends seem to be pretty much the same and the blends themselves are fairly one dimentional. The Black Label seems to be the only line with promise but that's just my 2 cents.
I would have to disagree on both points.  Pepin blends don't taste all the same to me.  Go smoke a Tatuaje Cabinet then a Padilla Miami.   The flavor profiles are very different IMO, and that is just one example.

As for Pepins being one-dimensional, I guess that boils down to personal tastes.  The blends of his I like I don't find one-dimensional.
wingo Wrote:
Wingman Wrote:
I disagree, all of his blends seem to be pretty much the same and the blends themselves are fairly one dimentional. The Black Label seems to be the only line with promise but that's just my 2 cents.
I would have to disagree on both points.  Pepin blends don't taste all the same to me.  Go smoke a Tatuaje Cabinet then a Padilla Miami.   The flavor profiles are very different IMO, and that is just one example.

As for Pepins being one-dimensional, I guess that boils down to personal tastes.  The blends of his I like I don't find one-dimensional.

I agree with the Padilla Miami's.  They taste very different to me.  I know Pepin rolls these Padilla's but is he involved with the tobacco configurations?

US_Tank Wrote:
wingo Wrote:
Wingman Wrote:

I agree with the Padilla Miami's.  They taste very different to me.  I know Pepin rolls these Padilla's but is he involved with the tobacco configurations?
As far as I know he gets his nicaraguan tobacco from  grower Eduardo Fernandez(who also owns a percentage of El Rey de los Habanos).  I've heard that Pepin puts the tobacco he gets through an extra fermentation process.