Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tornados in the Mid-South
All my territory in AR was hit hard last night.  One employee, married w/4 kids, lost their home.  After accessing the damage in Memphis, I feel like I would be best served by going to Clinton and Mt. View AR.  Terrible destruction, from what I hear.  44 deaths acorss the region last night.  Packed my bags, and filled the back of the truckl up with gas cans, generators, chain saw, water, etc.  Going to scope out my 25 plants and try to help some folks along the way.  Probably be over there until the weekend.

Be back in a couple days.  T & Dub, obviously I won't make the game tonight.  I wil be listening on my Sirius to hear the Tigers go 22-0 and remain unbeaten.

Hope all are well. 

-Dave
Be safe
Godspeed Dave, Check in when you can. Where is Bailey? Jackson got TORE UP.

Click on the headlines to see some pics and vids

http://www.wreg.com/default.asp

[Image: pxl_trans.gif]
[Image: 207157_G.gif]

[Image: 207079_G.gif]

[Image: 206070_G.gif]

[Image: 7827071_SS.jpg]
[Image: pxl_trans.gif] style="FONT-SIZE: 15px; COLOR: #696969"REAL TIME STORM BLOG

[Image: pxl_trans.gif]style="FONT-SIZE: 11px; COLOR: #696969"TN Emergency Management Agency

[Image: blt_headline.gif]
style="FONT-SIZE: 11px; COLOR: #696969"At Least 24 Dead In Tennessee

style="FONT-SIZE: 11px; COLOR: #696969"Severe Damage To Union University And Jackson

style="FONT-SIZE: 11px; COLOR: #696969"Storms Leave Southaven with Heavy Damage

style="FONT-SIZE: 11px; COLOR: #696969"Three Dead At DSC Logistics

style="FONT-SIZE: 11px; COLOR: #696969"Hickory Ridge Mall Hit Hard

style="FONT-SIZE: 11px; COLOR: #696969"School Closings

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Is every one ok from this section of the country? I hope all is well after this blow.
[Image: Clinton_1.JPG]

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2008-1/1295413/Clinton_6.JPG

[Image: Clinton_6.JPG]

[Image: MtView_1.JPG]

[Image: Clinton_3.JPG]

[Image: MtView_2.JPG]

[Image: Clinton_4.JPG]

[Image: Clinton_5.JPG]

[Image: MtView_4.JPG]

[Image: MtView_5.JPG]

[Image: MtView_6.JPG]

[Image: Clinton_2.JPG]

Be safe all of you guys.

Dave, god speed bro.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Just saw this thread and realized not all our BOTL from this part of the country have checked in yet.  I hope everyone's okay and I'm so sorry for those 55 people who lost their lives and the many more they knew...
Hey guys!! No damage here. I was in the direct path but luckily it took a turn away from Kerra and me and went right into union. Its pretty crazy around here from all the damage and also the hospital is packed so i've been slammed at work. Keep us in your thoughts and prayers because we got hit pretty hard.
I live in searcy, ar...just 45 miles NE of Little Rock (know one ever knows where Searcy is!)  The storms just missed us...split to north and south of the county i live in.

Used to live in Atkins, AR.  The tornado was an EF3 there...approx 1/2 mile wide and was on the ground for 1 hours...it went from Atkins to Clinton where Dave is...be safe Dave...Clinton just got power back today, or at least the people that i've heard from have.

i am sure anyone that you are able to help will be more than thankful that you cared enough to stop and use your time for them!
seems all our members are safe, thank the gods. thoughts are with those who weren't so lucky.