Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Keyword Linking
Hello everyone!

I had a new feature added to StogieChat today which will link specific keywords to websites for more information, purchases, etc...

Its still being worked on.   It does not change your post, but it will add an active link based on the keywords in your post.   I don't intend to most the posts a *link fest*, but thought it would be a nice way to provide a source to some of the cigars posted on the site.   Afterall, got to pay the bills and the extra traffic to our site does help!  Smile

Hope you guys don't mind.   Of course, any suggestions are welcome!
Eric
Cool Eric. Will it work on words like tits & ass? LOL Just so it leaves out the homo word that's been used lately for some strange reason.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

sure will!   I can designate any word to become a link to anywhere.

Still working out the bugs.   Seems to be a problem with edited posts.   Give me a few days and it should be 100%.   The only way to get the bugs out are to run it live a few days to make sure its right.
Alright, ETs  Vchip for the kids.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Eric, this is a great concept. Hope it works out. I was wondering what was going on.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore