Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The next big thing in cigars
As I was cruising thru some of the threads here at SC that I don't really check as regularly as some of the others, something clicked in my head. It was a post from MikeD in the Habanos area:

MikeD Wrote:
Stands and Looks Back Wrote:i've never had the opportunity to try one, but something about the band makes them soooooo pretty looking Big Grin
True...but you don't smoke the bands, silly Tongue
I started wondering why the heck they have bands anyway. Can't you advertise and identify your cigars on the box itself? I guess when you're dealing in singles, nope you can't. We need a way to identify different cigars, and a band is the way to do it.
And, as MikeD mentions, you don't smoke the bands, silly.

WHY NOT?
Why don't you smoke the bands?

The answer is simple...the bands are made of paper and would stink when on fire...
But what, I ask, what if the bands weren't made of paper?
Fuente does some pretty fancy things with their limited edition cigars:
(Image borroed from Moki @ vitolas.net)
[Image: x_cigar_maduro.jpg]
http://www.vitolas.net/displayimage.php?pos=-1029

And let's not forget CAO and their intricate decorations....
[Image: cao-wierd-cigar.gif]

Finally, anyone recall the TINY and intricate and perfect little etching on Oliva's MB2?
[Image: olivamaster2.jpg]

So my idea is a simle one:
CARVE THE BRAND OR CIGAR NAME DIRECTLY ON THE CIGAR, IN TOBACCO!

Let the smoker burn right on through.
It's something nobody is doing, and would catch the eye of even FOG cigar smokers.
And nobody is gonna counterfeit it.

Sam, are you paying attention? THIS is how you should mark your NUBs.
In trade for this innovative idea that will certainly propel your new cigar into the front pages of websites and magazines everywhere, not to mention your exploding bankroll that will most certainly result from the huge sales, all I ask for is a "JoeBob" cap and a NUB Cameroon (or two).

Cool
I swear I've seen this somewhere . . . laser-etched cigars . . . gotta go look now, lol.

NANP™
[cigar]
NANP™
Viking1
Here we go . . . if they let me hotlink:

[Image: file.asp?tableName=tblProducts&idField=p...dValue=412]

NANP™
[cigar]
NANP™
Viking1
I like the idea but what would you say would be the cost and will it be more or less than paper bands?

I love the idea though.
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin
They have a patent on laser burning cigars.   You can't do much without getting into trouble.

I say just print ink right on the tobacco leaf, cut it into bands, then glue that on like the paper bands.   For the little bit of ink you would be "smoking" there would not be any considerable hazards.
hehe well maybe it's not as innnovative as I thought.
But I'd sure love to see it happen.

I'm half tempted to order up some of those lazer-etched ones for the weddding, if only they didn't etch it into crap cigars.
admin Wrote:They have a patent on laser burning cigars.   You can't do much without getting into trouble.

I say just print ink right on the tobacco leaf, cut it into bands, then glue that on like the paper bands.   For the little bit of ink you would be "smoking" there would not be any considerable hazards.

ET, your custom bands deal is a wayy better idea than the lazer etching for holidays and weddings and whatnots.

I didn't know the idea was patented. Patents run out eventually though right? Like with generic drugs and stuff?