Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mmmm! My first real cigar!
I put off trying a good handmade cigar because the closest B&M that wasn't a head shop with a moldy humidor was about 1.5 hrs away. After plenty of tesing from my B-I-L about the poo-gars that I've been smoking since I was 16, I finally broke down and ordered the Gurkha 'Legendary' mega sampler from CI a few days ago, and it arrived today. After putting them in my new humi I could't resist and had to light one up. It was a Gurkha Class Regent Toro (6" x 50), and it was the most wonderful cigar I have ever smoked. I've been smoking El Productos for years, I used to say "I like my cigars like I like my women; cheap and bitter", but that one cigar has changed me forever. Bring on the good stuff! Now all I need to do is find a new woman.

[cigar]
The Gurkha Regent Is a kick ass smoke.

Gurkha has a great line of cigars so you are starting your adventure off right!

Welcome to the Cigar journey![welcome]
[welcome][rob]
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
[welcome]get ready your 1st. humi will quickly become your 2nd. hahaha  enjoy yourself, there's great bunch of guys here
[welcome] to Stogie chat....

Another Texan, Excellent!!!

Finck's here in San Antonio has samplers and 5-ers and such. Plus it is a Texas Business. It's been in business since the Late 1800's.

If your ever in town, drop a line. They have a 1200 sq. ft. walk in with smoking lounge.....

I'm about to have to buy my 2nd humi....

Good guys here!!
It's hard to keep a good man down.

Check Out Our Blog: www.andthatiswhatheshesaid.blogspot.com

cigars, restaurants, and more!!!

All your ashtrays are belong to us!
Odsman Wrote:[welcome] to Stogie chat....

Another Texan, Excellent!!!

Finck's here in San Antonio has samplers and 5-ers and such. Plus it is a Texas Business. It's been in business since the Late 1800's.

If your ever in town, drop a line. They have a 1200 sq. ft. walk in with smoking lounge.....

I'm about to have to buy my 2nd humi....

Good guys here!!

Those Travis Club are decent smokes.

Aint that the truth Steve!  I bought a humi 3 years ago when I started smoking, and it served me well.  Recently, the hinges broke, so I bought another 150 ct humi, then 2 weeks later, a great BOTL gifted me a havana foot locker (supposedly 500 ct) and I got rid of my new humi in trade for more sticks.  I am about at the halfway point from filling up this footlocker, then next is a cooler!  Its a slippery slope my friend!
Scott  

steve047 Wrote:[welcome]get ready your 1st. humi will quickly become your 2nd. hahaha  enjoy yourself, there's great bunch of guys here
Buy From Eric at www.tbs-cigars.com
Bearded Dad Blog:
http://beardeddad.wordpress.com

While I'm not much of a Gurkha fan myself anymore, I congratulate you on making it to the finer side of smoking my friend.Wink  Now get to sampling the many other brands you have out there to choose from.  I look forward to reading about your journey!

[welcome]
Its all downhill from here!  Tongue

[welcome]
El Where did you find a good shop? I live pretty close and I don't have a shop to go to. I have had to mail order my smokes.