Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This year's Stagg . . .
Oh. Ye. Gods. And. Ancestors. [thumbsup]

Having a dram (okay, two) on the rocks with an Illusione Epernay, my first stogie and hootch since getting over last weekend's nasty flu.

Worth the wait, worth the price. Glad I got a case!

Pure fire in the glass, but even before the rocks melt down and mellow it a bit, that fire carries wonderful, wonderful flavor notes of spice, caramel, corn and char . . . deep, rich, powerful, intense.

Best bourbon on earth.

NANP™
[cigar]
NANP™
Viking1
How was the cigar?
[user=624]Magnum PI[/user] wrote:
Quote:How was the cigar?

Y'know, the ~eccj~ was one of my favorite cigars ever (I think I smoked about 3-4 boxes of 'em, lol) and the Epernay, with the same blend, is really good. It's not quite as smooth or complex YET as the eccj, but as Dion points out, those had a year of box aging on them before they went to market.

All the Epernay sizes taste good, but I think I like the long corona best. It's the closest in size to the eccj. We're big Illusione fans down here, so my local B&M has been keeping them on the shelf as much as they can.

NANP™
[cigar]
NANP™
Viking1
Not A Nice Person Wrote:[user=624]Magnum PI[/user] wrote:
Quote:How was the cigar?

Y'know, the ~eccj~ was one of my favorite cigars ever (I think I smoked about 3-4 boxes of 'em, lol) and the Epernay, with the same blend, is really good. It's not quite as smooth or complex YET as the eccj, but as Dion points out, those had a year of box aging on them before they went to market.

All the Epernay sizes taste good, but I think I like the long corona best. It's the closest in size to the eccj. We're big Illusione fans down here, so my local B&M has been keeping them on the shelf as much as they can.

NANP™
[cigar]
Sounds like another to add to my list...   thanks for the review!   [smokin]