Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is my Pallette that screwed up?
Here is the problem:

When I am smoking a cigar (No not the ACID's that I am so fond of); about 1/3 into the stick I get a taste that can only be desribed as "dried adhesive". If you ever tasted dried airplane glue it is reminescent of that. It as happened with Montecrisco's, Partagas, Rocky Patel and several other medium range cigars.

any thoughts?

John
You may be used to the flavored cigars that non-flavored dont seem to taste right to you.  Also diffenent people will experience taste differently.  There may be some taste sensation in the cigars that triggers your mind thinking the flavor tastes like "dried adhesive".

Another explination... is it possible your cigars are being exposed to actual dried adhesive?
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

[Image: UserBar1.jpg]
sometimes I get a taste I describe as burnt toaste. Or burning paper. I often blame the cigar but I think it's me. Thankfully I only get this 1 in 100 cigars.
I always have something to drink with my cigars and since I don't do booze anymore I like a good roast coffee or just ice water,to swish around after every few pulls of the cigar.If I smoke a cigar with nothing to drink my mouth dries out and it changes the taste of the cigar to the point that I don't enjoy it.
I think it's always good to have something to drink whether it's booze, soda or water. I also like to swish it around my mouth after a few puffs.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Yep.
My drink of the moment is sweet tea from McDonalds. That stuff heaven.
JoeBob Wrote:Yep.
My drink of the moment is sweet tea from McDonalds. That stuff heaven.

Odhinn's left nut man!

You need proffesional help. I need your new addy so I can send you some real tea and directions on how to make it properly...

My current fave is Earl Grey on ice sweetened with honey.
It's hard to keep a good man down.

Check Out Our Blog: www.andthatiswhatheshesaid.blogspot.com

cigars, restaurants, and more!!!

All your ashtrays are belong to us!
Beware of Earl Grey side effects,some fugged up medical crap on that stuff,Google is your friend. Last time I had tried it I had sever stomach and leg cramps.Confusedhock:
banzaitoyota Wrote:Here is the problem:

When I am smoking a cigar (No not the ACID's that I am so fond of); about 1/3 into the stick I get a taste that can only be desribed as "dried adhesive". If you ever tasted dried airplane glue it is reminescent of that. It as happened with Montecrisco's, Partagas, Rocky Patel and several other medium range cigars.

any thoughts?

John

Just some advice I've learned recently...

Buy a bag of Godiva (or any other brand...Hershey's will work) Bitter DARK CHOCOLATE chips.  When you get about half way through your cig or begin to get that weird taste in your mouth eat a few of the chocolate chips...

Takes the nicotine buildup out of your mouth and make the cig taste new again without distorting the flavors...has to be "DARK CHOCOLATE"
back in the days before i quit drinking soda, a cold pepsi or coca cola went along quite nicely with my stick. then it was scotch, now i find i enjoy a cold beer, or even just some ice water. fiji water is the best, imo. and i never experience a flavor as you describe, but i've never eaten any airplane glue either, so i wouldn't know if i did. but sometimes when i light up a cigar, i notice a flavor i can only describe as "burp" if it's any consolation.