Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's more manly than Tupperware?
Lots of us have used tupperware or coolers as a first humidor or for overflow. Years ago I had a slight overflow problem and also wanted to be able to keep cigars on my boat. My first idea was this:
[Image: ammo-boxes.jpg]

A bonified US Army Ammo/Shell case. What's cool is many people are making these in all sorts of synthetic materials today in all sizes.
[Image: PLO-1612.jpg]

They are air tight and works great. Just rip appart an old cigar box and line it with the cedar. Add a gage and any sort of humidifier to the top (of course today I would use beads).

http://www.omahas.com/catalog/default.php?cPath=6_89
I have seen these Ammo boxes at the local flea market a few times.  I now wish I would have picked them up.
Do you guys not have an Army surpluss store there? Those things are everywhere.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

tafdom Wrote:Do you guys not have an Army surpluss store there? Those things are everywhere.
hehe, It's Augusta (home of the Army's Com School), I would be reallllly surprised if they didn't... Wink
"HAVE LONGSHIP, WILL HERF!!!"
I bet Tank has dozens of them hanging around
Keith Wrote:I bet Tank has dozens of them hanging around
Tongue [doh] [winner]
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
I've got about ten or so of em....but they are full of ammo.Think i'll pick up a few more and convert them.
Isn't gun powder used as a season food in some survival guides, so why can't you season your cigars in it.

Tommy2guns Wrote:I've got about ten or so of em....but they are full of ammo.Think i'll pick up a few more and convert them.
What good is ammo if you don't use it? Tongue
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Tonto The Long Island Sidekick Wrote:
Tommy2guns Wrote:I've got about ten or so of em....but they are full of ammo.Think i'll pick up a few more and convert them.
What good is ammo if you don't use it? Tongue
Easy don't encourage him. You taunt him from a distance most of the year, I do it weekly in person or within his line of sight.