Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
That time again
Anyone heard from our BOTL? Bad oil news for the weekend and beyond. GEO political hit the fan and we are @$120 a barrell oil. Killings in Niger and a kidnapped woman they are going to kill in 2 days.  The UK oil workers on strike  walks off the fields and rigs stopping 2 million barrels a day. 50 facilities shut down from a walkoff. That's gonna hurt. So my point, Where is Parkster in all this??  Has anybody heard from him?

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Thanks for the concern Taf, things are very nervous in the industry, $120 per barrel makes things kick off and more so when a lot of the oil is found in shit holes like I'm in at the moment.

I just touched down in Luanda this afternoon to check out some equipment during my last week in country, then I'm off to see my girls on the 6th/7th May.

We had to divert our flight today as rumour had it that the Congo were about to stop us flying over the DMZ by whatever means they deemed required, FLEC operate from the Congo when they hit Cabinda so there was no chances being taken on our charter.

The elections are begining their run up for later in the year, and the current President.......who lives in Mexico most of the time.........does not want to stop his cash flow, so this should be interesting to say the least.

For now though, we are under constant attack from something much smaller.

One of our guys has a very rare strain fo Malaria, one that requires the drugs to be manufactured for him alone. He was medivaced to Jo/berg in South Africa before being flown home to the UK. We were informed that the virus had probably lain dormant for a month, so its comforting to know that last tours bites wait for this tour to hit. We get bitten non-stop down here by Mozzies and the odd spider, and its a little concerning that a rare strain has reared its head here.

I'm off to drink a large Jack D and chill out for the rest of the afternoon,

Carch up with you all later,

Dave.
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
Good to hear from you Dave.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
God speed and stay safe Dave.
I was hoping you weren't caught up in that mess. I follow it every day and posted when I heard it on Bloomberg @ 240AM last night.  Watching it now. I have NO life.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

[user=879]tafdom[/user] wrote:
Quote:I was hoping you weren't caught up in that mess. I follow it every day and posted when I heard it on Bloomberg @ 240AM last night.  Watching it now. I have NO life.

Right now Taf ............ I would swap with you ........... this is not all it is ranked to be, trust me, I am just paying my bills, if I could find something else and be at home, I would do it.

:?
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
DAVE!!!

Geezzz... Stay safe brother! Stay sharp!