Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turn Back The Closk Dangit!
I need to joing the club!     A couple of years ago, I was about 250ish...   I was down to 225, but have jumped back up to 230-232...    I need to get me ass on the tradmill and get down to about 205-210...

Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:i have the water equivalent & in a few months I'll be on it. I have a 12 foot Kayak and am so looking forward to rowing that thing all over the ocean. My longest row to date was 4 1/2 hours and about 6 or 7 miles (and it all felt like the "up hill" equivalent... against the wind as the wind shifted with every turn I made!)
I wanted to ask you about the kayak thing.  I rememebered you having one and I have the opportunity to get one for the pro-form price.  I take it you like the workout then?
it's awesome Mac. Low impact, and you set the amount of weight by simply rowing harder or softer. Basically the oar wants to move at pretty much the same rate of speed all the time so rowwing faster makes it harder.

And it's a great way to kill a few hours and a stogie too (for the most part there is nothing arobic about it so smoking is possible)

Im at 165.......I started skateboarding again....too bad that just gives you stronger legsand no arm muscle.....I should skate on my hands then
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin
I have 2 Kayaks at the beach. Sometimes I take a rod with me and do some fishing with it. I also go to the gym at least 4 times a week. I really haven't lost weight (I eat like a pig) but I gain a lot of muscle. At 56.5  I'm pretty happy.

My son had a bike custom made (Cost $1,200). Don't know what kind it is but he had to  buy bike shoes. The thing has no peddles and the seat, well I can't even fit a 10th of my ass on it.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore