Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
so...
I have been going to doctors for a few months now. A while ago I had this odd thing happen to me. Doctors were torn on what it was. I was concerned that my retinas were detaching. I read you have about 24 hours to get this fixed or you go blind. So I ran to the doctor. He diagnosed it as an ocular migraine. But, wanted me to follow up with a neuro. I forgot the whole thing until 3 weeks ago I got this sinus infection and saw the doc again. The first thing he asked: "you go to the neurologist?" Well, he read me the riot act and off I went. Doctor neuro had me go through a battery of tests. He was convinced it was not an ocular migraine. Rather he said it was a seizure. A stray neuron firing in the rear lobes that do the vision. Or a mini stroke.

So... about $12,000 later in tests he said "Mr A, you had an ocular migraine".

Anyway, today was a glorious day to go to the doctor. The weather here was picture perfect. In the morning I went to the gym and worked out like my good buddy Jimmie the Bum, then after 2 dr visits I spent form 3:00 till 6:00 washing and waxing my car while ceremoniously burning a tony Sopranos (which has improved slightly with age).

Net result, a day off, one hell of a workout from the gym & the car and some quality cigar time outdoors.

Nice daily recap John. Glad your med prob is OK at this point. I hate doctors!! Just the ones that can't find my pain, I guess that would be all of them at this point. How is Jimmy the Bum?

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

oh... did I say bum? I ment Mum Tongue

Thank God for your blessing.

We only have two eyes, so keep taking care of them.