Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
another day at work , another mass beheading
Gee , i got to witness 250 of my co-workers walked out of AMD last week it appears that their sixth consecutive quarter of losses and a 1st quarter net revenue of $1.51 billion with a net loss of $358 million, an improvement over the first quarter of 2007's net loss of $611 million was too much. Hmm go figure maybe buying ATI or building the new 270 million dollar campus we just moved into last month were not great ideas.  I had to watch this my last 10 years of my 25 year career with IBM.  On the other hand today Apple announced a $1.05 billion profit for its fiscal second quarter. The company sold 2.2 million Macs from January to March, helping drive sales of $7.51 billion for the strongest March quarter in Apple’s history.

Why is this important , besides the fact that if this continues Apple will be worth more than IBM. I start there 5/19 !! as a perm !! I'll be doing mac support
and the kicker is I work from home ALL THE TIME !

I am looking forward to this alot, I have become a big supporter of Apple products so this is a dream opportunity for me.

That's great man. Glad for you.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Congrats get to work in your shorts on the back deck while smoking a cigar and cooking on the grill.
WTG Roger....a dream job indeed. Good luck to you. Hope the job loves you as much as you love it!!
Keith Wrote:Congrats get to work in your shorts on the back deck while smoking a cigar and cooking on the grill.
This is the single best reason to work from home.  For me, a bad day at work is sitting on my deck, smoking a cigar and drinking a beer while I answer emails and take conference calls.  Sometimes the sun is too bright or it's raining out, so I have to bring my laptop inside to work on it.  Since my customers are all over the US, there's no place that I can be that would be more convenient than home.  Every now and then I fly out somewhere and solve some critical issue, and they call me a hero and sometimes give me an award for it.  Oh yeah, and I can post on Stogiechat when I'm multitasking between assignments.  It just doesn't get better than that.