Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Punch Rare corojo
MikeD Wrote:Never got a citrus flavor from these smokes.  And I have been buying these by the box since 2001.

Well I am sorry to hear that these didnt do it for you.  People just have different tastes.  I find them to be one of my go to 'gars. . .
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Cool
interesting note. It is neither rare (you can always get all you want this time of year) nor a corojo.
Just had a Crystale, and though I rate this as an OK. I am not discounting it. I would not go out of my way to buy it but would not turn one down. It just didn't leave a memorable impression. I am not saying it was bad, but it just didn't inspire me what so ever.
wingo Wrote:IMO the only non-cuban Punch worth smoking.

Whoa, Deja Vu!  A couple weeks ago, I was recommended to try a "Punch Rothschild" by a gentleman from one of the wet shaving forums I frequent.   So, I visited the tobacconist and asked for one, as well as a few other recommendations for medium-bodied smokes.  He said "If you're looking for a medium-bodied cigar, most Punch cigars might be a bit strong for you."  He then showed me the Rare Corojo, and said it was one of the milder offering by Punch standards.  He then added (and I quote him directly): "It's the only Punch I like."

My inexperienced palate liked the Punch Rare Corojo, although I smoked a Rocky Patel 1992 earlier that day and found it slightly more favorable.