Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cohiba Piramide Edicion Limitada 2001
Cuba

Piramide

6 1/8 x 52

[Image: 0518080056.jpg]

I was kindly gifted this cigar some time ago by a very generous BOTL and have had it buried in the humidor for some time.  I spotted it in the humidor looking for a good birthday smoke and figured this would do very nicely.

Well first off, if you are familiar with the classic Cohiba flavor, don't expect it in this cigar.  Tastes nothing like any other Cohiba I've ever had.  After 6 or 7 years (I don't know the box date) this cigar still has some good strength to it.  Actually it starts off a bit on the mellower side, with notes of cocoa with noticable spice, but very smooth.

As the cigar smokes down it be comes very noticbly stronger and the flavors become much richer.  It's hard to describe, but I would describe it as the flavor moving from two dimensional into 3 dimensonal.  More body and substance as it goes on.  Even at 6-7 years, this cigar still has plenty of aging potential left.

The strength was never overpowering and it was nicely balanced.  The draw was a bit tight at first, but clipping the cigar a bit more solved that.  My only complaint was that it did need some toch ups for the burn occasionly, but nothing out of control.

If you should be lucky enough to still have these cigars, they are worth a try now... but will probably be even more worth it to wait on them several more years.

Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

[Image: UserBar1.jpg]
Confusedhock:Looks and sounds like one hell of a smoke.
Yummy! Great review!

Heckuva birthday smoke, ya lucky bastige. Tongue

NANP™
[cigar]
NANP™
Viking1
Looks yummy.  A great BOTL also gifted me one of these but from '06.  It will be hard to sit on. 
I smoked one of these many years ago, and it was tremendously lackluster. After reading a bit of Min Ron Nee's Cigar Encyclopedia, I was apparently supposed to age that cigar for 20 years.

Sounds like you've hit the nail on the head, MD:

Beginning to smoke well, with unique smoking characteristics; but best left in the humidor for a few more years. This is apparently one of those cigars built to age.
No Reserve, No Retreat, No Regrets!!!
Lucky devil
Thanks for the great review!

What a great opportunity.

Great smoke for your birthday Mike, and thanks for the review.

Cool
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
US_Tank Wrote:Looks yummy.  A great BOTL also gifted me one of these but from '06.  It will be hard to sit on. 
You could send it to me and I will let you know how it is. Tongue
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
Mark Wrote:
US_Tank Wrote:Looks yummy.  A great BOTL also gifted me one of these but from '06.  It will be hard to sit on. 
You could send it to me and I will let you know how it is. Tongue

[lol]

Typical Mahk!
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

[Image: UserBar1.jpg]