Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Wet Shaving
I love the red personnas for daily, feathers if I'm feeling frisky. Try it all
No Justice, No Peace!
Larry's right, definitely try a huge variety of blades. Some blades work better in particular razors and not so well in others. Your beard might be the type that requires a sharper blade. If I use anything less than a Feather in sharpness, my face gets torn apart. So by Larry's standards, I am perpetually frisky...LOL. Some razors themselves are more aggressive than others. My Merkur 38 seems to be for me the Goldilocks of razors: not too aggressive and not too wishy-washy. That is what is fun about old skool shaving, the variety.

A Christmas list would be a great idea. It gives you time to research and figure out what you want. Again, if you take the plunge, let me know and I will send some blades your way.
"I will strive to live with love & care—upon the level by the square"
Found a vintage Gillette Travel Tech safety razor (circus mid-1960s) at a local antique store. It seems to be in pristine condition, and it came with a travel shaving mirror in a nice (well-kept) leather zippered pouch.  All for $10.  I am going to test it out tonight to see how it shaves.

[Image: 20180415_215702_zpsvidi3o2c.jpg]

[Image: 20180415_215816_zpsgoa9odbd.jpg]

[Image: 20180415_215716_zpskmrkmy1q.jpg]
Shaving set-up (Gillette Travel Tech, Derby blade, TOBS, Edwin Jagger badger brush). A very mild shaver. The full size version of this one would be a great beginner razor.

[Image: 20180415_233652_zpsxziysxjk.jpg]
Excellent pick up Mr. Lion..
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Man, thats a short handle. Not a fan of Derbys.
No Justice, No Peace!
Derbys aren't my favorite either, but I didn't know how mild or agressive this razor would be, so I opted for a milder blade. However, it was too mild, so I will give it a go with a Feather next time. The super short handle was a trip to use.
How you like the tobs rose?
No Justice, No Peace!
(04-16-2018, 09:20 PM)nayslayer Wrote: How you like the tobs rose?

Sorry it took me a while to respond, Larry.   I love the TOBS Rose.  It is really a pleasant scent, like an antique rose.  This one and the Eton College are my favorites.
New Omega boar brush.

[Image: 20180522_002408_zpsnhsrlznf.jpg]