Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Wet Shaving
[Image: 20170217_073009_zpshe4ebdzt.jpg]
No Justice, No Peace!
(02-16-2017, 11:44 PM)The Diamond Lion Wrote: Larry, how are you liking that Simpson brush?

Does anyone have a recommendation on a top quality boar brush? I have a Semogue 830, and I absolutely love how it has broken in to be super soft yet firm.  However, the quality of Semogue does not seem to be too terrific: knots coming loose and falling out, and I think mine is heading down this path.  Any recommendations?

By the way, I still use my app with each shave. It is revealing which shaving soaps and creams are working well for me and which aren't.

I have an Omega boar brush that I love. My go to is still a Van Dar Hagen from Walgreen's.
It's hard to keep a good man down.

Check Out Our Blog: www.andthatiswhatheshesaid.blogspot.com

cigars, restaurants, and more!!!

All your ashtrays are belong to us!
Simpson brush is real nice. I was using an omega synthetic since day one.
No Justice, No Peace!
Yep, I've had the Proraso-branded boar bristle brush for years, which is manufactured by Omega. I think I paid $12 for it years ago, and I use it over my Shavemac silver-tip more often than not.

You're a bad-a$$, using Osage Rub in the winter, Larry!
Thanks for the good tips toward a new boar brush.  I absolutely love my Semagogue 830, but it feels like the knot is coming loose, something I heard is happening more lately.  I will look to Omega as a replacement, but not until my Semagogue gives up the ghost...if it does.
"I will strive to live with love & care—upon the level by the square"
OK...now I can use some advice.

The background:
I've always used an electric razor...(my dad did too,so...) 

Last year, my wife bought my oldest son (now 17) a similar electric razor that I have. He's never really liked it.  I can relate...I've never liked mine.

Last week, he decides he'd like to try a "regular" razor.  My wife picked him up a Gillette Mach3 Turbo razor.   He likes it, but he said he was allergic to the shave cream.  It was Neutogena Sensitive Skin Shave Cream.  His face is slightly swollen & red.  I guess it could be the so-called "lubricating strip" on the razor.

Well, I never liked my newer electric razor...so my wife today picked up a Gillette Mach3 Turbo razor. 
I asked where the soap was...both my wife & my son said "I don't need it....the razor has the lubricating strip."   Huh   Confused

I didn't think that was the correct answer. Big Grin

So the questions....
What stuff do I really need to get?
Any good links for that stuff?  (I'm on a limited budget, so price is a major consideration, but I do understand the concept of "Buy once, cry once").
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
I found this video...doe it give some decent info?

Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Well, I think I'm going to try it this afternoon
Picked this up. Smells like a creamy lime
[Image: 20170422_152032_zpstuu09me1.jpg]
No Justice, No Peace!
(04-22-2017, 02:58 PM)nayslayer Wrote: Picked this up. Smells like a creamy lime
[Image: 20170422_152032_zpstuu09me1.jpg]

Where did you get it?

I'm guessing I need some kind of brush & a cup, right?