Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"We're gonna' need a bigger boat!"
B-Dub Cigar Ambassador Wrote:LOL! It's definitely a sickness.
     I'm glad you said it, and not me!Tongue  While, I don't anticipate making purchases of that magnitude, I'm already beginning to see the "warning signs" of the supposed "sickness".  When my box went from 2 sticks to 8 sticks yesterday, I began to realize cigars aren't only for smoking... they're also for collecting.  My mother collects thimbles - SHE DOESN'T SEW!  At least I'm collecting something I intend to use (...that's the angle I'm currently using to justify it to myself!). [angel]

I can see how boxes are a better deal, and perhaps in time that'll be the route I go.  Right now, I'm still trying to sample as much as I can as to get a feel for what I like/dislike.  I've yet to smoke the same cigar twice, and I've yet to find a stick I didn't want to finish.  

By the way, you mention "aging", which begs the question: How long can I store cigars in my humidor, assuming the conditions are good? 
In the right conditions you can store them for as long as you want.  Guys in this forum have stogies that have 10 years  on them or more.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
^^What he said^^

Part of the fun is aging cigars you like to see what the changes may occur in them as they get older.
     Glad to hear that... sort of.  It just enables one to buy impulsively, without worrying about their purchases going to waste!

ENABLERS!
I've said it before - I truly believe that purchasing cigars is more addictive than smoking them.
I'm waiting for Tafdom and his comments.
RedPhoenix Wrote:Don't they have a support group for folks like us?

Hello, my name is RedPhoenix, and I am a cigaraholic.  It all started when my boss gifted me a smoke. Then I started hanging out on the boards all day, now I cant afford my smokes due to my lack of self restraint in posting during working hours...........Big Grin
Big Grin
RedPhoenix Wrote:^^What he said^^

Part of the fun is aging cigars you like to see what the changes may occur in them as they get older.
[wow]Since when is 2 weeks in a tupperdor "AGING"????????[wtf2]
banzaitoyota Wrote:
RedPhoenix Wrote:^^What he said^^

[wow]Since when is 2 weeks in a tupperdor "AGING"????????[wtf2]
I didn't say they were aged to perfection YET LOL
[user=1094]banzaitoyota[/user] wrote:
Quote:[user=1091]RedPhoenix[/user] wrote:
Quote:Don't they have a support group for folks like us?

Hello, my name is RedPhoenix, and I am a cigaraholic.  It all started when my boss gifted me a smoke. Then I started hanging out on the boards all day, now I cant afford my smokes due to my lack of self restraint in posting during working hours...........Big Grin
Big Grin

HAHAHA now THAT was funny.