Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cameroon
Is it me or does cameroon have an odd flavor? I have tried a few and basically came to the notion that they pretty much don't do it for me. Very airy and flavor reminds me of tinfoil in a way I guess. Oh well. Thank goodness there are maduros.[party]
I'm not a big Cameroon fan either, and yes, frequently it does have a very "distinctive" flavor to me as well.

Give me Corojo or Sumatra wrappers any day.

NANP™
[cigar]
NANP™
Viking1
Not A Nice Person Wrote:I'm not a big Cameroon fan either, and yes, frequently it does have a very "distinctive" flavor to me as well.

NANP™
[cigar]
mm, sumatra. i love a sumatra wrapper. i've had a couple cameroon wrappers that i liked, the oliva g comes to mind (although i still prefer the maddy) and the nub, as well as the montecristo afrique. but overall, i prefer other wrappers.
yep, and that "odd" flavor is one that is my favorite of any flavor I get from a cigar.

:?
i know what you mean, bobguy. for me it's a tang with earth and cedar thing, which i don't hate, but isn't quite up my alley. cameroon wrappers remind me of the bolivar (non-cubano) tobacco from ometepe. they've got that tang X 3, and it's too much for me. but i think its just one of those personal preference things. some folks love that stuff. thank the gods for the great choices we have in smokes nowadays...
scott81425 Wrote:
Not A Nice Person Wrote:I'm not a big Cameroon fan either, and yes, frequently it does have a very "distinctive" flavor to me as well.

NANP™
[cigar]
mm, sumatra. i love a sumatra wrapper. i've had a couple cameroon wrappers that i liked, the oliva g comes to mind (although i still prefer the maddy) and the nub, as well as the Montecristo afrique. but overall, i prefer other wrappers.
Interesting thing is,  Cameroon is sumatra seed grown in cameroon.