Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WTF????
$68 to fill up the mini-van last Sunday, @ $4.39 per gal
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
I got ya all beat ............ $104 to fill the Mini Cooper

The Ducati cost me $44 for a Sunday afternoon blast round the mountain.

I'm playing my game hard at work just now ...... in the hope of a move to Houston if I get to move up the ladder ......... I cant afford to retire in the UK, so my sights are set on the USA or Canada

Unless of course you guys get to the $20 per gallon that we are close to.
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
$55.15 about two hours ago (@$3.99/gal.).  I assume you're paying that per litre, eh Parkster?
[user=1188]Pete[/user] wrote:
Quote:$55.15 about two hours ago (@$3.99/gal.).  I assume you're paying that per litre, eh Parkster?

YUP

My government need my money so bad.

Car Tax = $250 per year, per car ......... $2,000 ( I kid you not) if it is a gas guzzler 4X4.

Congestion charges of up to $50 per week in certain cities in the UK

Parking fees of an average $4 per hour in certain cities

17.5% tax on to the price of manditory insurance policies ...... VAT was supposed to be a tax on luxuries, not a tax on EVERYTHING as it has now turned into.

and all of this AFTER they have taken 40% of my earnings in income tax.

I wont even go into the local tax I get hit with, but I am sure I have said it before . .............. . I am left with around 25 pence of every pound I make after taxes are paid on everything.

75% of my earnings dissappear in taxes. Thats just too depressing to think about ...... not to mention that anything I actually save out of the 25% will be taxed as well ........ interest = profit, so this needs to be taxed as well.

I love my country ............ but I hate my government.
Sad
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
Mrs P had to fill the Dodge yesterday on her way back from Avimore in the highlands.

Rural petrol station.

$254 for 13 gallons ........ she almost cried.

:?
Parkster Wrote:[user=1188]Pete[/user] wrote:
Quote:$55.15 about two hours ago (@$3.99/gal.).  I assume you're paying that per litre, eh Parkster?

YUP

My government need my money so bad.

Car Tax = $250 per year, per car ......... $2,000 ( I kid you not) if it is a gas guzzler 4X4.

Congestion charges of up to $50 per week in certain cities in the UK

Parking fees of an average $4 per hour in certain cities

17.5% tax on to the price of manditory insurance policies ...... VAT was supposed to be a tax on luxuries, not a tax on EVERYTHING as it has now turned into.

and all of this AFTER they have taken 40% of my earnings in income tax.

I wont even go into the local tax I get hit with, but I am sure I have said it before . .............. . I am left with around 25 pence of every pound I make after taxes are paid on everything.

75% of my earnings dissappear in taxes. Thats just too depressing to think about ...... not to mention that anything I actually save out of the 25% will be taxed as well ........ interest = profit, so this needs to be taxed as well.

I love my country ............ but I hate my government.
Sad
Confusedhock:That's alot of taxes. Kind of makes you understand the whole American revolution thing.  
Parkster Wrote:$254 for 13 gallons ........ she almost cried.

:?
OMG...I thought I had it bad!   Confusedhock: