Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nub 466+
466 Box Pressed Torpedo

4x66

wrapper: Cameroon
Binder: Nicaragua
Filler: Nicaragua

Ok so here is the story, as much as I have been saying that I prefer the Habano over the cameroon, sometimes you just have to suck it up and live with it.

Here I was in the middle of a nice conversation with some very good friends,
I was just sitting there with no smoke when the challenge came up as to what I was going to light up next. Hmmmmm. Well I had one last 466 left, and I was in the mood for a beer. I made my thoughts known, a cameroon box pressed with a Tecate. Odd combination, but hey I deal with a lot of oddities.

I made my trek downstairs grabbed my beer and came back up. Tough choice now 466+ or a 460? I chose the 466, clipped it using my Palio cutter, and set it down for a bit. The wrapper on this smoke was almost a work of art. Picture perfect in every respect. Nice leathery brown. The pre-light draw again very nice not too tight and not loose at all. I got a taste of sweet clover with some chocolate.

I toasted the foot and lit up. Might as well jump in. Took my beer in hand and chased the smoke. Tecate normally has a slightly bitter taste. The Nub 466 normally has a spicy bite. I had neither. A match one feeding the other in a perpetual circle of perfection. One kept pushing the other to a new level of mellow sweetness.

The smoke was a nice not too heavy smoke, with hints of chocolate, cedar and I could have sworn clover honey. Trust me, I am heading back out to pick a few more up and retry this expirement. Overall, the cameroon has won it's place in my heart, I had sworn it to be a second to the Habano, but now I am having to reconsider my choice. For the price this smoke is well worth keeping in any rotation you may have.

Thanx, Mike, Tom, Shawn, and Dave for putting up with this. You guys were instrumental in making this choice lastnight.
Nice review ... great chatting with all of you guys last night too .. with this review I guess I will have to pull some of the Nubs out of my humidor this week and give them another go around ... plus a Chateau Fuente ..