Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
beetle traps
Skipper, got mine.  Thanks a bunch for going out of your way to accomodate a Canuck Big Grin  So far I'm infection free (in the humidor).
good & great!

& of course you are welcome.
Have we caught any bugs yet?

I remember reading the CA test on these over a year ago. They THOUGHT there humi was clean. They were blown away by the beetles they caught in the trap. I talked to the company that makes them in Japan but didn't see the need for 144 min order. I'm surprised that nobody really pushes them. I see a large need that someone could make some $$ and provide a great service. You would think every shop would carry them.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

tafdom Wrote:Have we caught any bugs yet?

I remember reading the CA test on these over a year ago. They THOUGHT there humi was clean. They were blown away by the beetles they caught in the trap. I talked to the company that makes them in Japan but didn't see the need for 144 min order. I'm surprised that nobody really pushes them. I see a large need that someone could make some $$ and provide a great service. You would think every shop would carry them.
I agree. Form now on I will always have a trap in my humidors (but not the stink-a-dors)
Did everyone get their beetle traps? [Image: Bug3.gif]
Definately got mine, and its bug free (only using 1 right now in the vinotemp).

I also see a pretty decent need for these.  I can see how for most people it might also be something so discomforting that there's a mental block, like a parent who gets a call from a teacher about misbehavior and the response is "Not MY kid!".
Has anyone caught any beetles yet? I have been reading as much as I can find on irradiation and freezing am having some "inquiring minds want to know" thoughts.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

None...Bug free humi! Smile
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
tafdom Wrote:Has anyone caught any beetles yet? I have been reading as much as I can find on irradiation and freezing am having some "inquiring minds want to know" thoughts.
gassing is another acceptable technique... It's just that... well, I don't like broccoli that much. [doh]
Clean here too Smile