Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rocky Patel Decade
Rocky Patel Decade Torpedo

A little background. I got a few singles of these the end of last year (I believe) and am just getting around to trying my first one. So these have had a little down time. All the cigars were beautiful with a double band and a nice strong smell. I paired some Zaya rum with it and alittle water on the side. On to the review..

1st third: The cigar lit quickly but took a few puffs to get going. Great draw. At the opening, the flavor was low with almost no spice and a bit of vegital taste. Quickly, the cigar found its feet with medium spice and an almost bready like base with the slightest bit of a vegital note in the background. After a couple more puffs the smoke was even more rounded with spice(the strongest element), cream, and nuts(i guess) as the base flavor. Different, but good!   

2nd third: At this point the spice eased up which made the  base flavor (nut?) stand out a little more with a bit of creaminess. Smooth, but some of the richness that was there early is gone. Not really my favorite part. A stronger liquer would over power the flavors of the cigar at this point.

final:In the last quarter the first thing I noticed is that the richness came back along with the stronger spice. YES! Its smooth with spice, cream(just a pinch), and the same base flavor of nut in the background. Sadly, this didn't last long as the cigar faded back to the combo it had earlier in the 2nd third. So it ended low medium.

Overall, not a bad smoke. Maybe an 88

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Mike, Thanks for the review[rob]