Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Need Some Help
Tonto The Long Island Sidekick Wrote:Po......you starting a new business? Tongue
Yeah inquiring minds want to know.
Bluesman455 Wrote:#3

in that order.Cool
and maybe internet access to check SC? lol
Tonto The Long Island Sidekick Wrote:Po......you starting a new business? Tongue
Well I have been throwing the idea around for a few years.  There only one Lounge by me but it is more of a bar style, it's really busy on Thur-Sunday nights with lots of people but it's because it the only place you can smoke (cigarettes) so they are there for the drinking and smoking than the cigar relax get away from home type place.  So I decided to get serious about it and am starting to do some research on it.  I am calling some commercial relators to get me some locations and costs.  I am going to design a lounge this weekend so I can figure out what the construction costs will be to give me an idea what the start up costs are gonna run me and to see how big of a space I want.  I have a ton of stuff to work out but I would really like to do this.  Of course I will need the internet side of sales as well to help with monthly costs, but if I can make it work it might be worth it.  Right now I think it is all about location location location.  I know there are alot of people like me that want a nice cigar shop/lounge where they can come in a BS hang out and smoke a cigar with out all the BS from a bar/club
THEY CALL ME THE SHEPHERD!!! AKA LK HUNTER, FACE BOOK MARIO HUNTER, THE GREAT ONE HUNTER, ETC.
Thats awesome PO, good luck and keep us updated on it.
awesome! i hope it pans out, so i can make the killer detour on the way to oregon and back.

from the perspective of a tall dude with a crappy spine, i'd say large, high quality lounge chairs would be crucial. as in some nice lumbar support along with the cush for the tush. Big Grin

oh, and of course the cocktail waitress fembots with built in humidors and jet lighters for...

... goes without saying i guess.
PO,

Outside of the list I would rate:

1- Great relaxing and inviting environment.
2- Comfortable setting with a few large screen televisions.
3- AWESOME selection of fine cigars
4- Decent line of drinks (personally I really dont give a damn about this item, I dont really drink often, but I know this helps pay the bills)
5- Events often, from manufacturer events to sporting, music and whatever type events.
6- Wi-Fi internet access.
7- online sales

These are the things I appreciate in my local shops that I frequent often.

Good luck with your endeavor. This is something I am currently researcing as well for the future. I would LOVE to get out of my current field to begin a successful cigar lounge/shop.

Also, a couple things I have discovered .. first off, start off costs for a shop with kick ass line of cigars takes major $$ backing. And then it takes A LOT of netoworking and such to get those lines of cigar in your shop and to keep them in. Personally that last thing I want to open is a shop that carries limited lines of cigars and most of them being the Altadis line... if I want those I can stop in the local ABC liquor shop. If you want to be able to get the Tatuaje, Cabaiguans, Padron Anniversary, Opus, and other popular high end premium cigars it takes a lot of grinding. Most big successful shop owners I know didn't come from backgrounds making $35k/year. They were well financed.

I wish you all the luck ....... holpefully someday I'll have my own shop as well cause arhictecture sucks at this point .. 20 yrs is enough of it for me .. and it's gotten to be more of a pain in the ass than an enjoyment that it was years ago.

Again .. Good luck and keep us all posted!
You should PM robbie PO and pick his brain some ....Who has a more badass store than his ...
BuddhaBill Wrote:You should PM robbie PO and pick his brain some ....Who has a more badass store than his ...
Wink Already have and I will be talking with him hopefully tonight or tomorrow
THEY CALL ME THE SHEPHERD!!! AKA LK HUNTER, FACE BOOK MARIO HUNTER, THE GREAT ONE HUNTER, ETC.
A little update.  I found a space, brand new construction with the new style buildings for our area with great food places being constructed now and a possible coffee shop.  1,600 square feet for $2 p/sf and I cover all my own TI's, design, etc.  Not too bad.  IT's a great location and they are only finished with phase one of this project.
Plasma TV