Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Holt's / Padilla Part II
Anyone else see the letter from Holt's VP Sathya Levin regarding the recent comments about Padilla?  It's actually pretty lightweight and the usual corporate clap-trap apologizing for opinions that are neither reflected by Holt's or the Levin family but rather the work of an unscrupulous employee(s).  They have taken the usual and ubiquitous "measures" within the company to see this doesn't happen again.

Yup.  You print a full color, glossy stock catalog periodically to promote a large section of your business and no on responsible directly to the top reviews it.  Yup.  I'll buy two boxes of that bs.

Unprofessional and mean spirited attack.  Weak stomached limp excuse.
Haven't seen the holts catalog, but now I am curious!  Good to see you around Rob!
Scott
Buy From Eric at www.tbs-cigars.com
Bearded Dad Blog:
http://beardeddad.wordpress.com

The only thing most people hate more than someone screwing up and making a mistake, is trying to duck any accountability for it and avoiding an apology.

Hence, why I hate politicians.

Vitamin G Wrote:The only thing most people hate more than someone screwing up and making a mistake, is trying to duck any accountability for it and avoiding an apology.

Hence, why I hate politicians.

The part that bothers me about this situation is the fact that this wasnt a mistake, its was a clearly premeditated and mean spirited attack, and a weak ass apology doesnt really make it all better.
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Cool
I've heard of the apology, but it apparently only goes/went to those who get the sale flyer.  I'm not on that list, and expect I'll not be on the catalog list.  Fortuanately I live near a great B&M that has pretty much everything I need/want and for a reasonable price.

I don't see how Holt's could sell me on doing business with them again...especially with such a great retailer near me.  Let's see...I can support Holt's, or I can support Cordova Cigars.  No-brainer.

if the apology falls short of a full page, in color catalog announcement (to match the original abomination), i'd say it's weak cheese. making their little drama the customer's problem was lame in the extreme.

i still think the copy editor was faced on cheap tequila when he scribbled that playground baloney at 3 in the morning...