Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st Annual Modsto Herf Report
Wow… What a day!   I am completely exhausted, but I think that I can safely say that the 1st Annual Modesto Herf was a smashing success!

Great cigars, great food, and great company…   what else could we ask for?

PO and I have been working on this thing for quite some time, and it was good to finally see it all come together.

After our fireworks on the 4th, I ended up working late into the night packing for the Herf…   I remembered to bring the cigar bags for everyone, the cigars that our sponsors sent, raffle prizes, food, and drinks.  I didn’t find out until late Saturday  evening that I left my change of clothes at home…   oh well, I would rather forget that than the cigars!

I was up early Sat morning getting everything together and packed into my car – I knew I had to pick up Sergio and Jebus a little before 11, and wanted to be all ready to go.  I left the house at about 10:15, and drove right to the Amtrak station…   I put on some choice music at high volume, and sure enough Churros and Puros were waiting out in front and were welcomed to Modesto in style!

I shoved a cigar into their mouths, and we made the short drive to PO’s house.  We got all of our stuff inside, and all began working to help with final preparations.

[Image: IMG_2971.jpg]

The gift bags packaged and ready!
[Image: IMG_2966.jpg]

More cigars!
[Image: IMG_2968.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3018.jpg]

Sergio and Jebus like treats…
[Image: IMG_2963.jpg]

We were relaxing with a cigar when who pops around the corner but B-Dub!
[Image: IMG_2980.jpg]

He promptly starts pulling bottles out and quickly fills the table with a variety of beverages that we all enjoyed!

[Image: IMG_2979.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2978.jpg]

After this, things kind of became a blur to me…  people arrived and joined the festivities throughout the day.  I was able to see old friends again, and meet several new people as well – all great BOTL!
One guy from Sacramento brought a box of Party Culebras to throw into the raffle, another guy brought a bottle of wine for everyone, and yet another stopped by San Francisco to pick up some delicious oysters for us!

There were some great moments… 

Sergio and Jebus made it up…  enough said.   How cool is that?????

We tried calling Mario, he left PO a voicemail, and PO called him back and got him on the phone just as I was doing a card trick…   you’ll have to ask Mario about the group’s reaction to my amazing dexterity…   I tried calling him on Sunday to pay my respects, but missed him and left a message.

Tank called and totally messed with PO…   he asked what street PO lived on and which way he was supposed to turn, etc…   You had us going there!  It was great getting to spend a few minutes talking on the phone with you, Daryn…   Though brief, it was a great conversation, and I look forward to talking to you in the future as well…  and PO and I are both definitely looking forward to meeting you in person sometime!

This would not have happened without PO giving his house up to us for Sat and Sun…  Thanks Paul, it was a great location, and I know all of us really appreciated it!  Mary (Paul’s girlfriend), Nicole (my wife), and Linda (my mother-in-law) – thanks so much for all of the cooking…   Mary worked hard all day to keep the show running (Now Sergio thinks Margaritas are dope!), and my wife and her mom cooked tons of snacks, side dishes, and sweets…  plus they made 3 different trips over to make sure that we had enough food!

Thanks to everyone who brought cigars for us, thanks to everyone that drove quite a few miles to join us, and thanks to all of our sponsors for making this a great event.

It was a great time, and we are already looking forward to next year!

I know I have forgotten a few things… it was not intentional, just my memory not working correctly.  I am sure all of those holes will be filled in by the other reports.

It was great seeing all of my old friends, and it was great meeting new ones.  This is truly a special place with special people, and I am honored to be a part of it!

Here are some other pics:

Ribs
[Image: IMG_2990.jpg]

Oysters
[Image: IMG_2989.jpg]

Chicken
[Image: IMG_2995.jpg]

The Hosts
[Image: IMG_3003.jpg]

The Hosts getting “Kinky”
[Image: IMG_3009.jpg]

General Pics
[Image: IMG_3010.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3006.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3000.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2998.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2994.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2993.jpg]

MaytagMan and B-Dub
[Image: IMG_2983.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3021.jpg]

B-Dub and PO
[Image: IMG_3045.jpg]

PO and Sergio
[Image: IMG_3020.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3019.jpg]

B-Dub slowing down a little bit…
[Image: IMG_3051.jpg]

B-Dub stopped…
[Image: IMG_3098.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3097.jpg]

ajsjazz
[Image: IMG_3038.jpg]

Sergio
[Image: IMG_3036.jpg]

Getting ready for a raffle!
[Image: IMG_3029.jpg]

Dinner time!
[Image: IMG_3028.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3027.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3023.jpg]

Watching Churros y Puros at work!
[Image: IMG_3100.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3099.jpg]

MaytagMan helping Churros and Puros out with some visual effects for the next episode…
[Image: IMG_3089.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3088.jpg]

My wife found a great Herf shirt for me!
[Image: IMG_3081.jpg]

Getting ready for a nice raffle!
[Image: IMG_3080.jpg]

Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinAwesome!!!!!Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
Looks like you guys had a blast!  I would be highly jealous, except we recently had a great herf our selves on the East Coast...so Im just somewhat jealous. lol
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

[Image: UserBar1.jpg]
Looks like a bitchen time guys. Glad every one had fun. Wish I could have been there to enjoy it with you!
Man that was so much fun.
Thanks for posting up Bill, thanks to all that came it was a good time Tongue
THEY CALL ME THE SHEPHERD!!! AKA LK HUNTER, FACE BOOK MARIO HUNTER, THE GREAT ONE HUNTER, ETC.
WOW!  Looks like a blast!  Great people, great cigars, and great food!  Those ribs rival Mahks pulled pork for sure.  Hey Mahk, you forgot our oysters!  HAHAHAHAHA!

And you CA guys think you are so cool cause you had a pool, the LI Herf had a pool also.  Anybody got a pic?
Note to self ..Thanks to these Bastiges ....Fat man will be traveling to both Coasts next year !! DAMN  ....I live a rough life !! Big Grin

Looks like it was a slammin Herf guys !! Cant wait to attend one of these !
BuddhaBill Wrote:Note to self ..Thanks to these Bastiges ....Fat man will be traveling to both Coasts next year !! DAMN  ....I live a rough life !! Big Grin

Looks like it was a slammin Herf guys !! Cant wait to attend one of these !

It would be great to have you out here BuddhaBill....next year man

Ok guys, I tried youtube this morning and its letting me up load videos again....yayyy.....so im going to leave them up loading and they should all be up on youtube by 10am or so today......so you can wait till I post them here or just check them out at

www.youtube.com/jebus272

Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin
damn that looks like a good time!

of course i'm mentally flogging myself like a heretic at the spanish inquisition, and i'm sorry to my west coast botl's i couldn't make it. but i'm stoked you guys did some serious representation and herfed your brains out. that bbq looks insane, by the way.

to sum up: drooooooool.....

Smile